Its about time for this I presume

I believe Crown has a very solid chance at winning this year, and I hope that they do.

But it STILL boils down to this: The best corps will win. If Crown is the best corps, they will win. If Crown is NOT the best corps, they will NOT win.

no. the corps that scores highest wins :tongue:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a theory that the corps with the highest score always wins, but I'm still searching out conclusive documentation to support the hypothesis.

it's been proven every time.

Huh ?

Let's see if I can explain it in terms even you will understand.

Crown = Good

2010 Music = Difficult

Now, if difficult music = clean, scores = higher. If scores = higher, chances of winning = better.

I know you and I have disagreed on lots of things before, but hopefully I've made this easy enough to understand, even though it was easy to understand before, which kinda makes me wonder...

Let's see if I can explain it in terms even you will understand.

Crown = Good

2010 Music = Difficult

Now, if difficult music = clean, scores = higher. If scores = higher, chances of winning = better.

I know you and I have disagreed on lots of things before, but hopefully I've made this easy enough to understand, even though it was easy to understand before, which kinda makes me wonder...

I understood your first try better... but obviously I did not ask "Huh?" so I got it, lol. Makes complete sense both ways though... so you are all good, lol.

Wow... classy.

I'm actually one of those Cadets fans. But in all honesty, it was never because I disliked Crown. Their 09 show has way more "plays" on my iPod than WSS. They were my favorite show of last year.

I'd be willing to bet that most of the "freak outs" from fans of whatever corps was more due to hype, DCP threads like this, and fans with a mentality similar to yours.

ETA: ... it's February.

One Cadets fan....HOOK, LINE, SINKER! NEXT!?!?!?! :tongue::devil:

In my serious response to Chaddy...

I just love hearing people get on here ad nauseum defending why the team with a gazillion years experience and 900 championships MUST and WILL pull it out because there is NO WAY those inferior creamies can pull it off by the end of the season....

...yet they did... and they did it again last year. Eventually Cadets will pass them back up and all will be right in the world, but it was nice witnessing the "impossible" even though many predicted it would happen.

Now as far as I go... I could give a crap about placement. I'd like to see Crown win because it would be cool. But the bottom line is that this is just marching band and I'm going to wake up the day after Finals and eat my Cheerios and the sun will come up and my wife will nag me to take out the trash....

Does it really matter? ...not really

Cheers. May the best team win

Apollo is awesome, but the South Koreans are insane... I don't know how they are so fast!

...and to rebound off of the biggest fall in placement after a championship in recent memory, Phantom jumps back in to the top 4 :tongue:

Apollo Ohno is my hero...sucks that he only got Bronze last night though. Those Koreans are just insane!

Just ask Evgeni Plushenko how that worked out.

OUCH!

I was so sure he would take the gold.

Still glad that Lysacek won though :tongue:

And an improved visual package...

After watching their last program, I feel like they are definitely heading in the right direction. That may just be my opinion, but I stick by it.

Hate to rain on your parade there Sparky, but being behind in early July doesn't mean Jack. If you don't believe me, ask Phantom '08... seems to me they made a nice little run starting in late July.

Next...

Just ask Phantom '09...

Edit: I actually agree with your statement, I just couldn't pass up the chance to be snarky.

Edited by BlooContraGuy

There is no rationale as to why Crown cannot win it all in 2010. They have everything they need to be successful. They have C.I.

For every reason anyone lists that says they cannot win, I can say the same for any other corps out there. I know DCI is hoping for more parity. I think Regiment winning in 08 was just the start of a more diverse list of champions. Madison will be challenging in a few years as well as as Blue Stars.

I for one just hope Crown stays in the conversation and keeps putting out brilliant shows. ...and personally, just because I love watching Cadets fans freak out....I hope Crown continues to crush thier spirits every year down the stretch. :-P

Cavies....don't see them in the Top 4. I think they will be regrouping for a spell.

Wow, this part of your post is hilarious to me given that Crown only beat Cadets in finals last year by 3 tenths of a point. If Crown finally beats BD, then i'll be convinced they can win. Until then, let's hope Crown can continue in the top three first. I'm personally looking forward to the day when Cadets flush statements like the above down the toilet.

How's THAT for classy?