Its about time for this I presume

Good point. It was also true in earlier decades that if a Corps is not the best Corps according to the judges,..." they will NOT win"....." the BEST Corps will win ". ... It " STILL boils down to this. "

Some things never change.This would certainly be one of them.

They're called judges for a reason.

At least Crown is "allowed" to win this year, for the same reason they were NOT ALLOWED last year.

It's just improbable, not impossible. If the Blue Devils were not as good this year (i.e. if their 2005 show was transposed to 2009) Crown would have won.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that so?

Ya know.. I saw the picture in your signature and for some reason really wanted to reply to your post with "the price is wrong, #####!" I decided to go with something a little more obscure and subtle.

I am neither confirming nor denying your correctness regarding this year's top 6. :smile:

Pretty sure the hornline is not all that determine a championship. I know a majority of DCPers are brass players, and that's ok, but realize that Crown still has to get a consistent guard, consistent tenor line, and a pit that doesn't produce extremely harsh tones. Once that happens, and maybe a couple corps have off-years, THEN you'll see Crown on top.

Pretty sure the hornline is not all that determine a championship. I know a majority of DCPers are brass players, and that's ok, but realize that Crown still has to get a consistent guard, consistent tenor line, and a pit that doesn't produce extremely harsh tones. Once that happens, and maybe a couple corps have off-years, THEN you'll see Crown on top.

And an improved visual package...

I believe Crown has a very solid chance at winning this year, and I hope that they do.

But it STILL boils down to this: The best corps will win. If Crown is the best corps, they will win. If Crown is NOT the best corps, they will NOT win.

Not quite accurate. We had a corps that should have been in 3rd place win in 2008. I would love to see Crown win, but I would more like to see them win with a show that deserves to win. I think Crown will definitely be in the hunt for a championship this season, but with corps like Blue Devils, Cadets, and Cavaliers, it will be tough to win. I think the top 5 will be great this year, and the competition will be tough. Good luck to Crown, and I hope that their show is as entertaining as their last 4 have been.

Not quite accurate. We had a corps that should have been in 3rd place win in 2008. I would love to see Crown win, but I would more like to see them win with a show that deserves to win. I think Crown will definitely be in the hunt for a championship this season, but with corps like Blue Devils, Cadets, and Cavaliers, it will be tough to win. I think the top 5 will be great this year, and the competition will be tough. Good luck to Crown, and I hope that their show is as entertaining as their last 4 have been.

I think it's fascinating here in February where a poster can say " I think the top 5 will be great this year" (come August ). Most Corps havn't put 30 seconds of Visual on a practice field yet, nor learned more than a song or two. It is pretty amazing though that despite knowing so little about these Corps, we can have such a prediction( or expectation)

Would't it be great to have an offseason where 20 Corps (including Crown ) could win it all ?

Edited by BRASSO

I think it's fascinating here in February where a poster can say " I think the top 5 will be great this year" (come August ). Most Corps havn't put 30 seconds of Visual on a practice field yet, nor learned more than a song or two. It is pretty amazing though that despite knowing so little about these Corps, we can have such a prediction( or expectation)

Would't it be great to have an offseason where 20 Corps (including Crown ) could win it all ?

In the weather forums we call that wishcasting bla bla bla I see Louisiana getting three hurricanes bla bla bla

In the weather forums we call that wishcasting bla bla bla I see Louisiana getting three hurricanes bla bla bla

Good analogy. The Farmers Almanac has weather predictions months in advance. It is kind of silly. But they wouldn't print it, if people didn't want to know what they think the weather will be months away.

Carolina Crown has never beaten the Blue Devils. They have to defeat some other corps along the way too. Get back to me after CC has beaten the Blue Devils.

Take it from a drum corps fan who rode in the Blue Devils' equipment truck from show to show in '75, followed the Blue Devils from the Midwest to Philly in his little Toyota Corrola in '76, cried as they won their 2nd title in '77, cried again when Devils lost to Vanguard in '78, partied like a Devil after the wins in '79 and '80, went into deep depression because he coundnt be with the corps in Montreal in '81, and drove over 10,000 miles breathing Devils' bus fumes during the '82 "Five Star Victory Tour", and has been a loyal Devils' supporter since then,

Carolina Crown will win DCI Championships in 2010!

note: I predicted Phantom would win in 2008! Being a Devils' supporter doesn't make me stupid,

just drum corps savvy!

Yours in "Fun" Corps,

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY