Performing their two-thousand-ten program or twenty-ten program?

I heard the announcer, the real one in the background not the broadcaster, at the closing ceremonies of the olympics last night and he said twenty-ten... so the "world" is saying twenty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the announcer, the real one in the background not the broadcaster, at the closing ceremonies of the olympics last night and he said twenty-ten... so the "world" is saying twenty

So, you're saying that whatever they do at the Olympics, everyone in theWorld should do, too.

I am excited for the announcer somewhere that doesn't think about this issue until he/she's announcing the corps......

"Ladies and Gentlemen, now entering the field, and performing their two-...

...this year's production..."!

epic failure? :worthy:

I am excited for the announcer somewhere that doesn't think about this issue until he/she's announcing the corps......

:worthy:

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but IDGARA about the winter Olympics..

Well think about how weird it was to go from "nineteen nighty nine" to just "two thousand." It felt SO WEIRD.

This year I would naturally say "two thousand ten," but in 20 years from now, people will look back on this year as simply "Twenty Ten."

Eventually "Twenty Ten" is going to win. Sounds weird and all....but it will take time to get used to. I mean heck, the future is NOW. :worthy:

off-topic...but great username seat partner. i almost forgot about that little incident :worthy:

Shouldn't we be discussing something more important? Like why drum corps isn't marching band? or bananas?

Shouldn't we be discussing something more important? Like why drum corps isn't marching band? or bananas?

Well, you haven't seen that one VK show... Or that OTHER VK show.

OR that Spirit Show....

It's okay.... :worthy:

Personally, I view saying "nineteen ninety-two" as short for saying "nineteen-hundred ninety-two". You don't say twenty-hundred, you say two-thousand. Hence, I tend to say "two-thousand ten". But if someone says "twenty-ten" to me I'll know what they're saying. Neither is wrong, just preference. In 2101, it'll be back to "twenty-one oh one" and so on.

Yes, it's nineteen-hundred ninety-two, and it's nineteen ninety-two. The super formal way to say it is one-thousand, nine-hundred ninety-two, but that takes too long, and doesn't convey any different information.