The REAL(ish) Return of Star

And those in the midwest may wish to come to Indianapolis at the end of May for the Indianapolis 500 Parade, in which the alumni corps will once again be marching. (The first time was in 2004.)

And here's an idea if you would like to experience the corps for the entire parade: Come volunteer with me as a water bottle carrier/squirter for the corps. I did that in 2004, and being surrounded by that incredible sound for the entire parade route was absolute bliss.

And I can gladly attest to the fact that Michael is not only a very fine writer, but also a very fine water boy. Kept that group safely hydrated in 2004, and I have no doubts he will do an excellent job again this Summer.

Aside from the splendid noise that is drum corps, I think the wonderful volunteerism that runs throughout the activity is my favorite thing.

Cheers!

Karen

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely hyped to hear them. Seen a couple videos that were up on facebook a few months back, sounded awesome.

I'm definitely hyped to hear them. Seen a couple videos that were up on facebook a few months back, sounded awesome.

I hope they don't play Medea. No offense, but I really don't want to see a bunch of 38-year olds running around the field at 200 bpm.

Hate to burst your bubble, but its on the song list. (Read OP for my opinion lol)

I always loved Star... reading all these posts I wonder how many of these same people were knocking them for being too esoteric and how they weren't drum corps by their last season????

Well to be perfectly honest, from what I've seen of the recordings of their show, I'm not really a fan. Not really my style. It'll be good to see what they were like, but come to think of it, what they put out this coming year will probably never be like seeing them back in their hayday.

Well to be perfectly honest, from what I've seen of the recordings of their show, I'm not really a fan. Not really my style. It'll be good to see what they were like, but come to think of it, what they put out this coming year will probably never be like seeing them back in their hayday.

Of course it won't be. They'll be a bunch of "older" people who are out of practice! :thumbup:

I'm sure their average age will be much younger than Cavies, Madison, 27th, or the other alumni corps! Maybe that'll make them better?

If Star United is any indication, I think they'll be the "best" technically playing reunion corps to date.

I'm pretty curious to see them though.

Edited by jjeffeory

Hate to burst your bubble, but its on the song list. (Read OP for my opinion lol)

Meh. Medea was great because it was insanely difficult and they performed it almost perfectly. I don't really care to see Medea played with them marching around at a 16-to-5 (or worse, standing still), and honestly, I don't think there are any 38-year-olds that could perform the drill from Star 93 and look good doing it.

And those in the midwest may wish to come to Indianapolis at the end of May for the Indianapolis 500 Parade, in which the alumni corps will once again be marching. (The first time was in 2004.)

And here's an idea if you would like to experience the corps for the entire parade: Come volunteer with me as a water bottle carrier/squirter for the corps. I did that in 2004, and being surrounded by that incredible sound for the entire parade route was absolute bliss.

Michael,

Sorry to say but we are not marching the parade anymore. Technically with 7 days of full corps rehearsal left, preparing for semis is our top priority. Come see us...we'll still need water and you are the best! Rehearsals are open and all are welcome :)

Does the Star of Indiana have enough alumni to field an alumni corps, or are they going to let anyone participate?