The Plume and Nothing But the Plume

fifer

A side discussion about their feather plume in The Cadets' uniform thread got me thinking that we need a thread devoted just to the plume. What's your favorite? Who made a good change recently? Who should go back to some previous plume? Who had the most outrageous? Talk about whatever you want as long as it has to do with plumes.

For me, I really like the change from the black to the white plume for Boston. And along with the fact that the corps marched pretty well this past year, the color change gave them an extra visual pop.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, and think the same thing helped the Blue Devils immensely. It gave them something that jumps out of the big forms and catches the eye from afar.

Most outrageous? Well, besides the plastic not-plumes that like Southwind used, I'd say Colts. Giant and red - what a combination to stick on your hat! :thumbup:

Mike

A side discussion about their feather plume in The Cadets' uniform thread got me thinking that we need a thread devoted just to the plume. What's your favorite? Who made a good change recently? Who should go back to some previous plume? Who had the most outrageous? Talk about whatever you want as long as it has to do with plumes.

For me, I really like the change from the black to the white plume for Boston. And along with the fact that the corps marched pretty well this past year, the color change gave them an extra visual pop.

As I've stated elsewhere, I'm a fan of the Cadets' fountain plume - makes for a great visual, especially when somebody in the horn line is hauling to get to their spot. :) I don't know if this counts as a plume, but I love SCV's and Vanguard's feathers.

Gotta say this, and I am a huge fan of both corps...

Crown 09 (green?), and SCV 93 (chicken **it yellow - on the drum trim too!). Just baaaad.

As I've stated elsewhere, I'm a fan of the Cadets' fountain plume - makes for a great visual, especially when somebody in the horn line is hauling to get to their spot. :) I don't know if this counts as a plume, but I love SCV's and Vanguard's feathers.

lol SCV and Vanguard? Same corps :thumbup:

I heard Crossmen are bringing out the red plumes again.

No but really... I love Phantom's feathers. Always have... can't even explain my love for them it is so great.

I've always loved Cadets' plumes/feathers. Love the plumes much more though especially when I marched. Loved seeing them bobble whenever we were hauling ### backward.

Teal Sound prior to 09 had neat plumes.

08_09_2008_teal.jpg

I think when BD had the black plumes they looked way more BA and intense, the white just looks silly to me. I thought it made sense in 08 but would have liked to see it back to black in 09 and for future seasons.

Phantom's feathers always look great, I love seeing the curve behind the helmet, looks awesome.

Crown's plumes are always soooo tall, I don't love or hate it, it works for them though.

In 07 our aussies didn't have a place for plumes, so the support staff had to glue small plastic tubes inside the curved part of the aussie where the plumes were inserted. They were never very secure, we always lost a few plumes a show, including at least 1 on finals.