Audience Comments!

You've overheard some big mouth noob behind you say that his marching band played that song way better than the corps. You've overheard a dinosaur rant to his wife about how amps cause cancer. You've heard some pretty smart, hilarious, and stupid comments while at a drum corps show. Now indulge us with all those comments that either got you rolling on the floor laughing or boiling mad!! :thumbup:

Edited by Rimba47

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This didn't really get me mad or anything but like it kind of drove me nuts. A group of kids were obviously at their first drum corp show and they were like the last band was better, i like this band and im sitting their going "corp" very quietly under my breath :thumbup: again didn't really get me mad just was one of those things that drives you nuts

You've overheard some big mouth noob behind you say that his marching band played that song way better than the corps. You've overheard a dinosaur rant to his wife about how amps cause cancer. You've heard some pretty smart and stupid comments while at a drum corps show. Now indulge us with all those comments that either got you enlightened or boiling mad!! :thumbup:

( heard over the loud speaker ) :

" Ladies and Gentlemen, may we have you attention please..... Because of the weather, the Corps will not be competing this evening. ( audible groan) Instead, Corps will be performing their routine in a exhibition standstill format in approx. a half hour. We thank you for your patience and your understanding ".

I became mad with The One who brought the rain, and truth be told , I shouted out His Name very loudly, in a most unflattering and uncomplimentary manner..... and later that week , filled with guilt and remorse, went and asked for His forgiveness.

Edited by BRASSO

This didn't really get me mad or anything but like it kind of drove me nuts. A group of kids were obviously at their first drum corp show and they were like the last band was better, i like this band and im sitting their going "corp" very quietly under my breath :thumbup: again didn't really get me mad just was one of those things that drives you nuts

corpS ?

1992.... DCI East prelims in Allentown.... during the days of the prelims/finals format:

SC Vanguard is performing..... getting set to do the Bottle Dance to close their 25th anniversary "Fiddler" show..... they start the Bottle Dance... my wife and I (and others) spring to our feet to give a standing "O"..... and the woman behind me basically reaches out and grabs me by the shoulder to pull me back down into my seat, saying something about me blocking her view!!

I got back up, turned around and glared at her. I mean, it was the freakin' Bottle Dance.... I'm STANDING UP for that, every time.

No further words were exchanged. :thumbup:

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

At the Normal, IL show, I observed a rather annoying event unfold. I'm totally guilty of this - but a few people decided to sneak closer to the 50 and cram into some empty seats. Well, the people who paid for a couple of the seats in front of me showed up after a few corps had performed. A middle aged woman (who'd obviously been on a cook truck with a certain corps for several years) farther down the isle decided to "take control" of the situation. She thought it'd be best to ask everyone in the entire row to move down two seats towards the 50 and give worse seats to the people who actually paid for better seats. She kept stating "this is how we do it in drum corps!!" Fortunately the people who showed up late were pretty easy going, and just sat down in the two seats this woman cleared for them. I would have been pretty angry to end up on the 20 yard line when my seats were actually on the 35. I don't care if that's how you "do it in drum corps"... I paid for my #### seats!!

I suppose it's probably just me, but the " most annoying talking " I heard at a Drum Corps show the last decade actually came into the stands and then into my ears from a Corps show on the field. I found that more annoying than any too loud talking I've heard from among my fellow fans around me. But again, that's just me.

Edited by BRASSO

i think the worst comment i've ever heard was that some guy was asking his girl friend or something if these high school bands ever won BOA or something like that... ha it was funny too because everyone around him stopped that they were doing (including me) and turned to him and said this is DCI first of all and this is NOT high school but a drum and bugle corps... not a marching band...

i think the worst comment i've ever heard was that some guy was asking his girl friend or something if these high school bands ever won BOA or something like that... ha it was funny too because everyone around him stopped that they were doing (including me) and turned to him and said this is DCI first of all and this is NOT high school but a drum and bugle corps... not a marching band...

I do believe that more and more we will be hearing more references in the future that these are " marching bands ".

And some of those comments will no doubt even come from those in DCI Corps uniforms.

I sympathize and understand why some want to describe these DCI units as " marching band " today.

As these units evolve and transform themselves in a major way, so too should the terminology evolve with it, it seems to me.

Edited by BRASSO