Audience Comments!

The comment that made me the most upset was at Allentown, when die hard boosters of a certain corps showed up 30 seconds before they started, turned and asked the person behind them "how bad were all the sucky corps before (insert corps name here) came on the field?"

the funniest part was the response: "well, I liked them better than what is coming in 20 seconds"

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe that more and more we will be hearing more references in the future that these are " marching bands ".

And some of those comments will no doubt even come from those in DCI Corps uniforms.

I sympathize and understand why some want to describe these DCI units as " marching band " today.

Are you ever positive? Even a little?

Are you ever positive? Even a little?

I wished the marcher from Europe earlier tonight on a thread right below this one encouraging words. That " positive " post on the thread is entited " Norwegian in 2011". One can read my " positive " comments to him there if so inclined.

Now..... please cite to me YOUR post, and when it was, that we can desribe appropriately as " posiitive "

We'll await your reply as to when it was so we can look up your " positive " post this evening.

And YOUR " positive " post this evening took place ..... when ?

If you have generated a" positive " post tonite, I applaud you. And if you havn't, well, then,... you can STFU.

Edited by BRASSO

1992.... DCI East prelims in Allentown.... during the days of the prelims/finals format:

SC Vanguard is performing..... getting set to do the Bottle Dance to close their 25th anniversary "Fiddler" show..... they start the Bottle Dance... my wife and I (and others) spring to our feet to give a standing "O"..... and the woman behind me basically reaches out and grabs me by the shoulder to pull me back down into my seat. saying something about me blocking her view!!

I got back up, turned around and glared at her. I mean, it was the freakin' Bottle Dance.... I'm STANDING UP for that, every time.

No further words were exchanged. :thumbup:

Fran

Yea that happend to me once when i was on tour i was in dallas and I was also watching SCV, and when they did their company front I just from my seat to cheer for them, then a guy who maybe was in his late twentys just did the same thing that woman did to you and believe me I send that guy so many f bombs to him after SCV was done

1992.... DCI East prelims in Allentown.... during the days of the prelims/finals format:

SC Vanguard is performing..... getting set to do the Bottle Dance to close their 25th anniversary "Fiddler" show..... they start the Bottle Dance... my wife and I (and others) spring to our feet to give a standing "O"..... and the woman behind me basically reaches out and grabs me by the shoulder to pull me back down into my seat. saying something about me blocking her view!!

I got back up, turned around and glared at her. I mean, it was the freakin' Bottle Dance.... I'm STANDING UP for that, every time.

No further words were exchanged. :thumbup:

Fran

Are you sure it wasn't because of your shirt??? :sad:

I wished the marcher from Europe earlier tonight on a thread right below this one encouraging words. That " positive " post on the thread is entited " Norwegian in 2011". One can read my " positive " comments to him there if so inclined.

Now..... please cite to me YOUR post, and when it was, that we can desribe appropriately as " posiitive "

We'll await your reply as to when it was so we can look up your " positive " post this evening.

And YOUR " positive " post this evening took place ..... when ?

If you have generated a" positive " post tonite, I applaud you. And if you havn't, well, then,... you can STFU.

Preach!

Edited by ChwyNiblet

Innocent remarks from band kids or people new to drum corps I can tolerate. I try to correct them when I can, but in and of themselves I don't find them to be too troubling.

The worst "remark" I can think of -- in a figurative sense -- is when people who have clearly been around the activity for some time read books or papers or try to hold out loud conversations through the performances of lower ranking corps, and then demand absolute silence when a top 6 corps rolls around. If you're not going to give the kids on the field the most basic form of respect - your attention - then stay the #### out of the stands until your ready to give it.

The most aggravating thing to me is when people enter/leave the stands while a corps is on the field performing. Finals week works pretty well; even when the stadium people haven't a clue, we self-police ourselves pretty well IMO. It's the local shows, and continues even though the announcer will ask people to refrain from it (often multiple times). It can also get out of hand, however, on the opposite side. One night a few years back, I was at a DCA show in East Providence, RI. In addition to the DCA corps, a local (now defunct) championship caliber Open Class (then Div II) corps was appearing in exhibition. They were one of the very early corps on the field, and as their show started, a local man started talking very loudly with a friend several seats away who had just arrived. One of the corps' "entourage", who were literally sitting in the aisles-if you've ever been to East Providence, you'll undertand-rather impolitely requested the guy to be quiet. The guy replied that if the complainer didn't like it, perhaps he should find a real seat instead of blocking the aisle. It very nearly came to blows before some of the other performing corps staff shut their buddy up and some of the others around them told them both to either quiet down or take it outside the stadium.