Audience Comments!

If only we could use the magic that was displayed to make such gimmicky units disappear, Michael.

( no, no, not forever...... just until the time that I won't be coming down for breakfast any more,... or until they come out with something less gimmicky, more real, maybe some other time. )

Someone get to work on a PhotoShop for the brain. Better yet; it would have a live action function that would work in real time. That way, we could still enjoy a performance while blocking out the stuff that for whatever reason annoys us.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My complaint at most shows is that the corps staff come running up the stands and take whatever spot they can find and talk over their show to their staff buddies, while I am trying to actually enjoy their corps show. Then there are those staff members who seem to think they need to get the crowd going and start screeming at every little podunk move their corps make. Its old, but not as old as all the corps who think the crowd is susposed to clap during a song to the beat, or the corps that want their name, or title of the show screamed at certain moments in their show.

Someone get to work on a PhotoShop for the brain. Better yet; it would have a live action function that would work in real time. That way, we could still enjoy a performance while blocking out the stuff that for whatever reason annoys us.

I like your creative thinking.

a PhotoShop for the brain..... to block out the stuff that annoys us".....

If it comes to fruition in DCI, I think I'll buy one.

(My wife will order up 4 for the house too. )

Edited by BRASSO

not necessarily a comment, but still rather annoying

It was at Div 1 Finals (I believe in 2006) there were a couple belligerently drunk people in the stands... being very obnoxious and very loud. I left to go get a drink after the current corps finished and thankfully they were gone when I returned for the next show. They completely ruined that specific performance for me (sadly I can't remember what corps was on at the time). There were people around them trying to get them calm down too, but that was just making them angrier. To me, Drum Corps never seemed like the kind of event that would attract those kinds of people who get drunk for a show. Then again I am usually a performing member when I am at a show :thumbup:

I like your creative thinking.

a PhotoShop for the brain..... to block out the stuff that annoys us".....

If it comes to fruition in DCI, I think I'll buy one.

(My wife will order up 4 for the house too. )

With such an ability, I could look in the mirror and see myself as being thin.

With such an ability, I could look in the mirror and see myself as being thin.

Narcissus over 2,000 years ago once claimed he got the same effect without such expensive gadgets though, Michael.... ( haha)

Edited by BRASSO

We all remember the cadets hashmarks incident when George delayed the performance because he wanted the hasmarks re-painted. If you don't know what happened someone can explain it better that I can. Anyway... I was watching Semis in the movie theatre when it happened. Everyone in the theatre was flipping out and booing the screen. I personally couldn't believe what was going on. Then there was this one guy in front of me who started cursing out George Hopkins and cadets. He was saying how George brainwashes the kids and that he's ruining drum corps (same old stuff right?!) Then he started saying "HEY! Everyone! Give George Hopkins A call and Tell him exactly what an ### he is!" Then he starts calling out George's phone number in the movie theatre! A few seconds later I hear him leaving a long VERY bad message on Hop's answering machine! THis guy went completely insane! I have to say it was a very interesing situation!

Narcissus over 2,000 years ago once claimed he got the same effect without such expensive gadgets though, Michael.... ( haha)

The water was less polluted then. :worthy:

We all remember the cadets hashmarks incident when George delayed the performance because he wanted the hasmarks re-painted. If you don't know what happened someone can explain it better that I can. Anyway... I was watching Semis in the movie theatre when it happened. Everyone in the theatre was flipping out and booing the screen. I personally couldn't believe what was going on. Then there was this one guy in front of me who started cursing out George Hopkins and cadets. He was saying how George brainwashes the kids and that he's ruining drum corps (same old stuff right?!) Then he started saying "HEY! Everyone! Give George Hopkins A call and Tell him exactly what an ### he is!" Then he starts calling out George's phone number in the movie theatre! A few seconds later I hear him leaving a long VERY bad message on Hop's answering machine! THis guy went completely insane! I have to say it was a very interesing situation!

sounds like this guy is trying to brainwash the audience members by telling them what to think about george hopkins...

i never understood the problems with the "hashmark incident" - if any other director would have said something everyone would have been like "that makes sense, every corps deserves a fair playing field" but since it was george we might as well have had another ice age right then and there cause the world came to an end... as i performer it sucks not have hash marks as a check point.. if you can see that one form ended up 2 steps too far forward of the hash and have to move backwards after that set, you know you have to compensate to make it back far enough. without those guides moving at the speed the cadets do people can get hurt really quickly (i dont see any other corps do swinging gate type moves into 1 step interval company fronts at 200 bpms) but if there is nothing to go off of...