How do you know you're talking to a serious DCI fan?

A serious fan: If they can respect what corps/designers do from any decade without complaining about how the activity is evolving and regardless of how instrumentations might have changed.

A non-serious fan: Remember when drum corps was still drum corps

:shutup:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They know what happened to Memphis Sound at 07 Div III prelims

Boy, do I ever :shutup:

A serious fan: If they can respect what corps/designers do from any decade without complaining about how the activity is evolving and regardless of how instrumentations might have changed.

A non-serious fan: Remember when drum corps was still drum corps

:tongue:

SO why not just mention me by name next time ?

I thought they did, but it didn't get past the filter! :tongue:

So for those of us non-serious DCI fans, what happened?

A couple of corps that should would have been 3rd and 5th in Division II placed 1st and 2nd in Division III?

A couple of corps that should would have been 3rd and 5th in Division II placed 1st and 2nd in Division III?

Was 08 the first season of "Open Class" where Div. 3 corps competed with Div. 2 corps (I know that's been the case for a long time, but there was always at least a Div. 3 winner, even if they placed 3rd or 4th over-all)? And how would that affect Memphis Sound (I see they were 12th that year?).

I used to teach a Div. 3 corps in the 90's, but lost track of rules/regulations for them awhile back.

• 3 months later...
I will always call contras contras, and I will probably still call them Soprano (Empire marches G still, woot woot!) but I may call them Trumpet eventually (out of habit of course).

Contras will stay contras though!

and to the person who said you are a true fan if you were born before 1985...well not true lol I was born ten years later then that (do the math) and I know more about DCI than the average joe.

Sadly i'm the only person in my high school with any knowledge of the existence of drumcorps :satisfied:

Same here! I feel isolated! My school always goes to the Southeastern championships, but my band director, staff, and I are the only ones who actually pay attention and care! Unfortunately my bd doesn't know much concerning history so I can't talk to him about that. :blink:

If you talk about how wet you really got during the thunderstorm deluge at retreat in Whitewater, WI in 1972 (DCI Championship #1) and had a hard time hearing Anaheim's winning score because you were running too fast...

(never knew I could run that fast)