Most championship rings by a member

yes.....also, I was wrong in the fact that the guy I knew didn't march until ageout like I thought, so he was only at 2....I knew there would be some with BD who had 4 and others as well......still haven't found anyone with 5 though, with one or multiple corps....

GB

Well, like I mentioned earlier, I know of a few Cavaliers members who have 4 from marching, and then one from staffing, so would that count for 5? (2000-20002, 2004 marching, 2006 staff?)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, like I mentioned earlier, I know of a few Cavaliers members who have 4 from marching, and then one from staffing, so would that count for 5? (2000-20002, 2004 marching, 2006 staff?)

If you're going to throw staff wins into the mix (even though the OP clearly states # of rings as a MARCHING member), I'll put up Dave Gibbs and(I think) Wayne Downey at BD....13 each (Although only Dave has one as a marching member).

If you're going to throw staff wins into the mix (even though the OP clearly states # of rings as a MARCHING member), I'll put up Dave Gibbs and(I think) Wayne Downey at BD....13 each (Although only Dave has one as a marching member).

Okay, I'll retract the staff one, but 4 rings in 5 years by a marching member is still pretty impressive, especially considering the shows the Cavaliers put out during those years.

When did DCI start handing out rings for winning finals? When I marched I'm sure all you got was a medal.

Mid-late 70s, I think....but DCI started issuing rings to folks from the pre-ring years a bit ago.

Thanks, but no....I wanted to see if any member had 5 as a marching member.....

GB

There was a cymbal player from Garfield who marched from 1981 until 1986. She then took some time off and came back for her age out year of 1990. So she has four rings. If she had marched in 87 she would have had five.

There was a cymbal player from Garfield who marched from 1981 until 1986. She then took some time off and came back for her age out year of 1990. So she has four rings. If she had marched in 87 she would have had five.

Wasn't she the one who had to rewind her hand strap during "America"?

Don't forget ScoJo. He was involved in all of BD's titles, too. Three times as a member.

He also has more percussion titles than the Blue Devils since he picked one up with SCV in 1991.