Sad News - Paul Neiss Sr. Passes

I was informed last night that Paul Neiss Sr. passed away yesterday at the age of 83. What little I know about Paul is that he was a member of the Geneva Appleknockers Senior Corps and played with Mighty St. Joes' Alumni Corps. He was also bestowed the honor of Associate Member of the WDCHOF in 2001.

More info to follow.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was informed last night that Paul Neiss Sr. passed away yesterday at the age of 83. What little I know about Paul is that he was a member of the Geneva Appleknockers Senior Corps and played with Mighty St. Joes' Alumni Corps. He was also bestowed the honor of Associate Member of the WDCHOF in 2001.

More info to follow.

This is horrible news. Paul was one of my favorite people, period. He, in my mind, was a legend in the drum corps world. He touched so many people with his wit, wisdom and talent. His sense of humor knew no bounds. I don't want to go on too much here. But this really hurts.

Edited by ereese

Wow! I guess I just thought that a man of his stature would go on forever. Condolences to Paul Jr. and the rest of the family. Paul Sr. will live on in the hearts of all those who knew him.

My condolences to the family. Also to Geneva Appleknockers Alumni and St Joes.

Condolences to the Neiss family as well as the Appleknockers and St Joe's families.

More info to follow.

Paul Sr. also marched with Paul Jr. one or two years with the NY Skyliners in the 80's ... quite a character from what I remember ... Paul Jr. just hooked up with Sky's Alumni again last Sunday ... RIP ...

Andy

Rochester has lost one of its great drum corps people. Paul was one of a kind. (to say the least)

Was Paul involved in Phase II? I can't remember if that corps ever got off the ground.

Our deepest condolences to the Neiss family on the passing of Paul. We and the activity are better for having him as part of our lives.

Paul Sr. also marched with Paul Jr. one or two years with the NY Skyliners in the 80's ... quite a character from what I remember ... Paul Jr. just hooked up with Sky's Alumni again last Sunday ... RIP ...

Andy

Quite a character indeed. For those who didn't know him, I don't know if I have enough words to describe him. For those of us who do know him, no words are necessary.