What do YOU want DCI corps to play?

You Light Up My Life

That's freaky Michael - I just had a dream the other night about Debbie Boone

singing that song...except for some reason, she looked like Karen Carpenter.

Speaking of.....I wish a Corps would play her song "Yesterday Once More"

as a ballad. That would be sweeeeeet!

Edited by madalumni

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I would say someone should do Machu Picchu but Pacific Crest has taken the cake and I like how they sound playing it. Kudos to PC

If Bluecoats did an entire show off the Incredibles sound track that be crazy. It seems like their type of show. Jazzy, Metropolitan (tee hee) and in your face.

Crossmen should do a show called Death and Transfiguration with a really dark piece as their opener (mars, scythian suite, etc). The opener has to be the death portion. The ballad would be Death and Transfiguration by John Powell from the Hancock soundtrack. And the closer would be The Hero and the Moon by the same composer from the same movie.

Phantom Regiment should do a Trojan show based off of the Troy soundtrack. There is so much potential in that score drum corps wise.

Cavaliers should do Avatar. The movement and athleticism of the corps really opens up opportunities visually to convey the theme.

Troopers should do Tombstone. End of story.

Santa Clara should do Armenian Dances Part 2. If you haven't heard that then you are missing out.

That's all I have for now. Mostly movie soundtracks but I think that would help the non-drum corps fans/new drum corps fans be more accessible to the shows

Rush

This would be a dream, I would pay money to see this. I personally would love to see TOOL on the field. But I am an old cat and I love the Greensleves, Niner-two, OLE, Cats,La Fiesta, The way we Were, ect. ect. ect. So many great tunes never played anymore. When is the last time anyone has heard, Let it be me or Danny Boy on the field? To me its Crazy why some Corps dont play the old stuff. Old full shows . As I have been involved in this from 81 to now, marching from 82 to 89 and 2006 for that matter I have wanted to see shows just like Rush. Something fresh! Music from David Coverdale would be another fine choice, just saying. And also I have to throw in ,why not Yngwie Malmsteen something from the Rising Force( Oddysee ) CD. I have always wondered when something like this would apear, maybe someday.

I don't care as much what they play - just play the whole tune for once!

Sweeney Todd.

Opening Theme specifically, but also a show based on the musical/movie would be fantastic!

mmmmmm

By the way, Anderson just released the sequal to "Phantom of the Opera" called "Love Never Dies". SCV should totally use it for an anniversary show. Maybe have the same drill formation as the end of their 1989 show to start it out? 25th anniversary in 2014!!!!! :thumbup:

hannah montana!!!!

also i think the blue devils should play Leroy Anderson's 'The Phantom Regiment'

I'm playing that in the community band I belong to.

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights, my personal favorite corps as I grew up through the 60's, played it, I think in 1967 and/or 68.