San Antonio Venue Announced

I'm pretty sure that this show won't during the middle of the day. I'm pretty sure that SA gets pretty cool at night regardless of how hot it gets during the day. It's usually quite comfortable weather. Heat might be an issue for some of the earlier corps.. but it really won't be that bad.

And who the hell cares about the championships thing. I don't know anyone who really cares who won what regional... in fact most years I couldn't tell you who won SA and Atlanta... last year BD obviously... 08? No clue... 07? no clue... and so on. Yeah it's just a marketing thing... "Oooooo I'm going to a championship" but I know it doesn't really matter. The only thing that sucks is the lack of head to head.. i could understand being a little upset about that.

My biggest thing is people even talking about the heat. The peeps in Orlando don't complain... or Houston.. or Dallas... Hot is hot. To me... above 95 and I can't tell a difference unless there is humidity... and hey... it gets that hot up in the NE too.. and OMG in Indy.

IT'S SUMMER. It's supposed to be hot. Bring some extra water... where a hat (OH NO MY HAIR). If they aren't letting you bring bottles of water in(??)... FIGURE IT OUT.

The kids your watching where actually in the hot texas sun all day... probably suffering from crotch rot and who knows what else ( PASS THE GOLD BOND PLEASE)

If you live in the area... you can easily sit on your ### and cope with the heat for a little bit as the sun sets.

Blah.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about the "championship thing"? It's not that it's a no longer a championship show. I've said it before and you just said it in your own post. It's that it's no longer a head-to-head competition. I, for one, would like to know how all the corps stack up against each other and I'm sure the individual corps members would like to know. I know I did when I was marching.

On the upside though, this makes the Atlanta regional all that more exciting.

And for you guys bashing on the heat-haters... I think they get it now. Maybe you guys need to get over it too.

Signed,

A Houstonian not looking forward to seeing what this summer brings after a mild summer with no major storms and a weird-whacky winter. I mean, come on! The first day of spring and we woke up to 30° (mid-20s with the wind chill) weather?

Lol... and up here in the north east it was in the 70's and not a cloud in the sky.

Okay; so let's assume it's the temperature of the surface of the sun. You come out one day and sit through half the corps that are there that weekend. Then you go home or to your hotel, shower, hit the bar, have a couple of drinks, and maybe go to the Riverwalk. The next day, you repeat the process. It's still fewer corps to sit through than we did in Kansas City for prelims in 1988, where the first day the turf registered 135 degrees Fahrenheit...or the day of prelims in Birmingham (either 1979 or 1980) that was so blazing hot...and we sat through dozens of corps.

That was 1980, my last real show. It was absolutely miserable that day. Still survived.

For me, the heat isn't that big of a deal but the split schedule is. With my calendar being as packed as it is, I barely have the time for one day, much less two. So, I'll just have to pick this year, assuming I'm able to go. (I also realize that DCI isn't any crazier about this unplanned change and scheduling compromise either.)