DCI Championships Ticket Purchasing Tips

Thanks a lot to the OP for the tips. Although my seats for quarters and semis were excellent, I was one of those disappointed spectators on finals night who thought we were getting a great seat only to find I was in a terrible seat. So this will help out immensely.

I am also looking to buy some tickets. Dont want to spend an arm and a leg though, so anyone have any thoughts about the Terrace level? Looking to get something in section 640 or so. How bad is the sound up there?

I watched a few corps on Thursday Night last year from section 640, 641, and 642. Personally, I thought the sound in all those sections was not good and 640 was just as bad as 642. All had a nice view of drill!

If you are looking to save money and want to sit that high up, I would check out sections 642 or 638 which is a drop in pricing over 639 - 641. Also make sure you don't purchase seats in the first few rows of the sections because your view will be obstructed with plexiglass. In sections numbered less than X40 higher seat numbers are closer to the fifty. In sections numbered greater than X40 low seat numbers are closer to the fifty.

I finally got around to purchasing my tickets for Thursday and Friday a couple of days ago by phone through Ticketmaster. I was able to get aisle seats in section 139 and 141 next to 140 so that should place me between the 40 and 45. As I said in my OP, I think the sound in 140 is the best in the stadium so I was happy to get those seats right next to 140 in rows 12 and 11.

I always contact Ron Gunn "Inside the Foorty" guy. He ALWAYS has the best tickets available.not just for finals but all major shows

Thanks you very much for the complement and the plug. Many people wonder why I call my business "INSIDE THE FORTY". The answer is quite simple. I specialize in tickets that are for seats located "Inside The Forty" yard lines!

Anyone who purcahses a Hotel/Ticket Package from me always gets tickets INSIDE THE FORTY!

I enjoy seeing drum corps people smile from ear to ear when they see me at the shows! I also make a lot of good friends that way! Good friends that will do good stuff like:

1) Give me a bed to sleep in when I did not have a hotel room in Allentown, PA

2) Give me a ride from one show city to the next in California

3) Let me store my stuff in their hotel room during the competition in San Antonio

4) Invite me to their barbeques, picnics, dinners, and get-togethers during the season

and many more cool things!

It is for you, my drum corps friends, that INSIDE THE FORTY exists! I am here, for you, to get you the best seats I can so that you can truly enjoy drum corps!

Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to serve you. You have all greatly enriched my life in ways that go far beyond mere monetary gain! People like Roman B., Jerry S., Andrew L., Kwynn B., Thomas, Cecily, George and Cathy, Don, Richard and Gwen, Phil, Sam, Tony, Lauren, Bob and Fran, Warren, Mike, Albert, Roger and Judy, Matt, and many others. The list of friends is soooo long! So many people have done so much to help me over the years that I am compelled to do all that I can to help them and others.

This season, I will concentrate on families that do not have the means to pay for good seats at shows. for instance, if a family of 5, two adults and 3 kids, wants to attend both nights at DCI East in Allentown but cannot afford the $350.00 it would take to seat them in Premium seats, I may be compelled to sell them Premium tickets for each night at the Super price, saving them $100! Who knows, maybe DCI will follow my lead?

Yours in Drum Corps,

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

How's that? The tickets bought from individuals have already been bought from TM or DCI or a corps. So they get their money no matter what.

The "scalper" scene is basically just people selling tickets that they bought but then can't use. I've never paid more than face value for a ticket and I've gotten most from individuals.

Hey Bart! How are ya, man? What shows will you be at this season? Give me a hollar, ok?

Yours,

Ron Gunn

• 13 years later...

Not sure the likelyhood of this reaching anyone, but didn’t want to start a new topic for this question, and I thank you for any help in advance!

Okay so to my question, I’ll be attending DCI prelims this year and I’m looking for some advice on which tickets are good. I attended finals in 2017 and was roughly in section 636, which is the nosebleeds around the end zone so the sound wasn’t very good as I’m sure you can guess. 

I was seeing if anyone had seats in the 600’s on the 50 and how the good the sound is there. Assuming it’s not terrible since judges are in the press box up there but just curious from anyone who has sat up there or around that area. Thanks again!

1 minute ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

Not sure the likelyhood of this reaching anyone, but didn’t want to start a new topic for this question, and I thank you for any help in advance!

Okay so to my question, I’ll be attending DCI prelims this year and I’m looking for some advice on which tickets are good. I attended finals in 2017 and was roughly in section 636, which is the nosebleeds around the end zone so the sound wasn’t very good as I’m sure you can guess. 

I was seeing if anyone had seats in the 600’s on the 50 and how the good the sound is there. Assuming it’s not terrible since judges are in the press box up there but just curious from anyone who has sat up there or around that area. Thanks again!

In years past DCI has not sold any tickets in 600's for prelims.  

On 2/28/2024 at 4:56 PM, OhioBoy_99 said:

Check the dci marketplace subtopic in the coming months. People usually have tickets at a fair price.