First experiences with drill?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because I still have RPH charts from 83.

Hey- I have the entire drill from 83 and I sat on a stool the whole show - haha - my drill was great that year!!!

:laughing:

I am pretty sure you stood to ring the offertory bells!

Hi Alumni, a question or two from a drum corps newbie, I just got the drill charts for this season and I can honestly say that I'm a bit scared, excited and anxious and eager all at the same time

So

How was the drill/visual experience for you your very first year of drum corps?

Was it a scary experience?

Any tips (besides getting into shape and practicing the marching style)?

What the heck is a drill chart???? Is it that DOT thingy???? We were just told what to do and did it. If not we were sacked.

I guess I am in the minority about wearing a watch... I always had one. Of course, I always wear a watch in real life too, and many people (esp in hs/college) do not.

Well, I went halfway. I put my watch on my backpack on the ground next to my keyboard so I could still check it, but not as much as if it were on my wrist. I found myself checking practically every rep if I had it there.

There are two "actions" in a show; start the performance and end the performance. Anything within those two actions are "reactions".

Don't be one of these...........

x

x

x

........x

x

x

x

"I'm on my dot, and I ain't movin'."

what about this...

X

...X

.....X

.......X

..........X

..............X

..................x

Its suppose to be a straight (vertical) line...but the second person missed so everyone guides! yay! and imagine what this does to the rest of the form!!

You tell me which is better :)

but use the system your corps uses. dont argue. just do what they say.

Edited by TheClutch

what about this...

X

...X

.....X

.......X

..........X

..............X

..................x

Its suppose to be a straight (vertical) line...but the second person missed so everyone guides! yay! and imagine what this does to the rest of the form!!

You tell me which is better :)

The one where the members understand what the form's supposed to look like and can both dress the form if they realize it's correct, and ignore the tic if they recognize it's not.

The one where the members understand what the form's supposed to look like and can both dress the form if they realize it's correct, and ignore the tic if they recognize it's not.

The line i made was an exaggeration, but that does happen in lines of 10 to 20 so it gets exponentially worse...till one person realizes how off everyone is

X

...X

.....X

...x

.....x

....X

x

x

x

"Im on my dot" Respond "Well Remark it off"

or make someone else mark it for them

Thats just my preference though

IMO corps that get good scores by guiding just have members who hit their dot well enough while learning that guiding isnt as hard.

Edited by TheClutch