2010 Countdown

Posted on the DCI website this morning.

Article on DCI.org

2010 Countdown

• Thursday, May 13, 7:30 PM
  • 2009 High def shows: Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Cadets, Carolina Crown, and Santa Clara Vanguard
  • Highlight clips from legacy shows: 1987 Garfield Cadets, 2001 Glassmen, 1987 Sky Ryders, 1985 Santa Clara Vanguard, 1988 Blue Devils
  • Previews from the 2010 Troopers, Boston Crusaders and Bluecoats
  • $12.50 per ticket

Very exciting! :smile:

Edited by Flyboy1177

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Building on its popular "Countdown" event of the past several seasons, Drum Corps International brings you the top five corps recorded entirely in high definition at last August's DCI World Championships in Indianapolis. These corps include:

* The 2009 World Champion Blue Devils • Concord, CA

* Carolina Crown • Ft. Mill, SC

* The Cadets • Allentown, PA

* The Cavaliers • Rosemont, IL

* Santa Clara Vanguard • Santa Clara, California

In addition to these outstanding performances, movie theater audiences will be treated to exclusive behind-the-scenes winter rehearsal camp previews of upcoming 2010 performances from:

* Boston Crusaders • Boston, Massachusetts

* Troopers • Casper, Wyoming

* Bluecoats • Canton, Ohio

As an added bonus, The Countdown will feature several "classic moments" straight from the DCI archives. These memorable vintage highlights include:

* 1987 Garfield Cadets

* 2001 Glassmen

* 1987 Sky Ryders

* 1985 Santa Clara Vanguard

* 1988 Blue Devils

I'll be curious to see what they mean by "moments", and whether it'll be satisfactory to some on here. No doubt we'll hear gripes that not enough was included. Personally, I'm a little disappointed that the countdown is going to be last year's shows. While 2009 did have a stellar top five, I think it would be nice to mix it up a little more. If nothing else, who wouldn't rather see Spartacus on the big screen this spring?

Posted on the DCI website this morning, didn't see a thread anywhere else.

Article on DCI.org

2010 Countdown

• Thursday, May 13, 7:30 PM
  • 2009 High def shows: Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Cadets, Carolina Crown, and Santa Clara Vanguard
  • Highlight clips from legacy shows: 1987 Garfield Cadets, 2001 Glassmen, 1987 Sky Ryders, 1985 Santa Clara Vanguard, 1988 Blue Devils
  • Previews from the 2010 Troopers, Boston Crusaders and Bluecoats
  • $12.50 per ticket

Very exciting! :smile:

Saving up for both of these! And it's about time they come out with a Blu-ray version of it! I knew DCI wouldn't fail me on this one.

Well looks like im not going this year... :smile:

I can see how the Classic moments were chosen, because the music relates to the 2009 performances:

1988 BD- 2009 BD

1987 Cadets- SCV 2009 ....etc.

I am thinking it will probably will be a small 2-3 minute lead in, to each of the 2009 corps performances

The only gripe I have, is that I liked to vote, and choose corps for this event. Understandibly, its a little different this year, as 2009 is the feature. But not so much an issue. This has always been more to me about enjoying an evening amongst friends, with dinner, drinks, etc. Good corps talk too. Looking forward to it.

Hey guys ...

Looks like a good time again! Can't wait to see what theaters it'll be in. I wonder how sweaty the performers will look in High Def?!!!

Admittedly disappointed we didn't get to vote this year. Also kind of curious how they're trending towards this Top 5, thing.

Undecided if I'll go or not.

My take on it is that I go to hang out with fellow alumni and fans in a crazy fun environment. Do I want to see older shows? Absolutely. However, High Def shows with (hopefully) high def sound on a movie screen? I can't wait to see how that turns out!!

Agreed that a vote wouldve been nice.. i usually like to go to meet up with other drum corps folks...

Maybe this year they'll figure out the audio levels? Maybe? We can hope...

Edited by AlexL