Blue Stars 2010

Blue Stars are the new Crown as well as the new Cadets (Aungst and Larrivee)

Crown was the new Star

Star was the new Cadets...

Blue Stars are the new old Cadets and new not quite as old Cadets?

:tongue:

The Blue Stars are the Blue Stars

No, we are not. We have been around since the 60's, crown has been around since the 90's.

We have our own traditions we uphold and as far as I'm concerned our show designs are nowhere similar

It is not good for the perception of your organization for you to engage in these meaningless discussions

Blue Stars is the new Crown.

Well, I've always enjoyed Blue Stars. I think you've got something there.

This was something that many of us on DCP talked about when many old Star staff came on board.

For me it comes down to brass philosophy.

Oh and Crown is the new Star.

So it's

Star -> Crown -> Blue Stars -> Madison Scouts ( :tongue: )

...and you realize that this will open a can of worms!

My thinking is that being connected to "quality" is a good thing. And this particular way of doing things has been absent from DCI for a while.

I like it... :worthy:

This was something that many of us on DCP talked about when many old Star staff came on board.

Obviously theyre all their own organizations with their own distinct traditions and stories. But yeah, theres a lot of similarity brass-wise between Star\Crown\Blue Stars (and i'd assume Madison now with the influx of Star people there). Its undeniable the influence star-connected staff members have had on BS.

Hell, if someone wants to say BS is the new Crown or Star or Cadets.. I dont see too much reason to be offended by it. Those are 3 fine organizations with a lot of great programs to their name. Id take it as a compliment as much as anything.

Oh and Crown is the new Star.

So it's

Star -> Crown -> Blue Stars -> Madison Scouts ( :tongue: )

...and you realize that this will open a can of worms!

My thinking is that being connected to "quality" is a good thing. And this particular way of doing things has been absent from DCI for a while.

I like it... :worthy:

Yeah my post was actually an extremely tongue-in-cheek reference to all the "Crown is the new Star" talk last year, although I made no effort to denote that. But there's a common thread here (at least brass-wise): Donnie Van Doren. The more his teaching methods spread and are adopted by more corps, the better the collective product on the field will be.

Blue Stars are the new OLD Blue Stars.....

:tongue: