Off the Wall Stuff In Shows

They also used megaphones on the mid-range horns. The next season, guess who copied them (or borrowed the originals).

I think they did both but I can't remember.

Here's the 'Gades version:

DSCN0086.jpgDSC_0035Ren.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they did both but I can't remember.

Here's the 'Gades version:

DSCN0086.jpgDSC_0035Ren.jpg

Yep....'Gades '03 and '04....BD '04. Worked REALLY well for the train effect in BD....although it was strange to watch the vid and have the sound quiet down when the horns swung towards the camera......but away from the mikes!

How about the Steel City Ambassadors tuned rusty brake drums in their drum solo in 1986 and 1987?

That was a neat effect and well done.

How about the Steel City Ambassadors tuned rusty brake drums in their drum solo in 1986 and 1987?

That was a neat effect and well done.

Yep!

I have a vid of the entire '86 "Clap Show" the night before Finals - Steel's brake drums were COOL!

(So was Sandy joining the Leads at the end of the show, with his "Booty Shake"!)

The vid also has Sky's Company Front from the OTL to the 40 or 50, marching to the Street Beat...

Someone on the tape yells out, "Don't play, Sky, just march! You look good!".

(Probably the first - and last - time THAT was ever said!)

Heh...

Yep!

I have a vid of the entire '86 "Clap Show" the night before Finals - Steel's brake drums were COOL!

(So was Sandy joining the Leads at the end of the show, with his "Booty Shake"!)

The vid also has Sky's Company Front from the OTL to the 40 or 50, marching to the Street Beat...

Heh...

LOL, that was the year my sister and I went to Prelims and had to suffer thru one of her friends and the friends boyfriend. Guy was "<forget which corps> is cutting edge.. blah, blah...". Sky lines up and it's "They're sooo far behind... slam, slam.." Then the company front started out and lucky us we are on the correct side of the field around the 30. You could see the crowd going to it's feet as the front passed by (like a slow motion wave). Guy started sputtering and one of us said "I'll that that #### any day". PO'ed them off and they left. :tongue:

Which reminds me, PM on the way....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Cru Contras played empty beer kegs in the pit during drum solo one year. The rest of the hornline played orange construction barrels and other construction "stuff" out on the field. I played contra that year (I played contra for Cru 15 years total) and unfortunately we DIDN'T get to empty the kegs ourselves, they came already empty.

Heh...

LMAO!!!