It would have been poosible that Bleu Raeders, Bridgemen (St. Andrew's) and possibly Muchacho's would have not made top 12. Was there another corps that was scoring high and didn't go to Whitewater?

CMCC Warriors beat Bridgemen twice the week before DCI. Boston beat Bridgemen once that week. After Blue Rock and St Rita's I would have thought Garfield would have been next in line. No non-finalist beat Garfield that summer (that I know of).

Garfield won 1 of 3 against the Bridgemen. 2 of 2 against Bleu. 5 of 5 against BS. They didn't meet Muchachos until prelims.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have been the Bridgemen that would have been out...

I stand corrected, Raeders were 11th in prelims (big drum spread on the B'men), Bridgemen 12th. It was the other way around in finals, where St. Andrews's horn line overpowered Bleu Raeders and reversed the placements. At least that's how the numbers shook out. That was the capricious nature of the tick system... or the beauty of it, depending on your point of view (lol)!

...but who knows ...

Yeah, you're right about that. I suppose it is what it was, for better or worse.

Peace to all,

Fred O.

CMCC Warriors beat Bridgemen twice the week before DCI. Boston beat Bridgemen once that week. After Blue Rock and St Rita's I would have thought Garfield would have been next in line. No non-finalist beat Garfield that summer (that I know of).

Garfield won 1 of 3 against the Bridgemen. 2 of 2 against Bleu. 5 of 5 against BS. They didn't meet Muchachos until prelims.

We (Garfield) would have made the finals easily in 72 , but we were hit with a penalty. That knocked us right out.

It would have been the Bridgemen that would have been out but who knows we beat Ritas a few times but at the CYO and WO they beat us by points. Blue Rock was on a downturn that year but beat us a few times and we beat them a few times. The big thing they didn't show up so we will never know.

Actually the only show the Bridgemen beat St. Ritas at was after DCI in Westwood NJ

Garfield missed finals by 0.1 with 1.8 in penalties. Ugh!!!!

The Brassmen had a 2-0 seasonal edge over the Bleu Raeders, and a 7-1 edge over the Bridgemen in '72.

Garfield had a 4-3 edge over Bridgemen, and a 4-2 edge over the Bleu Raeders.

Blue Rock had a 2-4 deficit to the Bridgemen, and a 2-0 edge over the Bleu Raeders.

Edited by Northern Thunder

On August 15, 1972 the nonfinalist Belleville Black Knights beat Garfield by nearly 3 points in an Illinois contest.

Do you have all the results from that contest? You may want to send it to corpsreps.com and fromthepressbox.com

Neither site has that contest listed.

The scores were:

Black Knights 82.00

Bleu Raeders 80.60

Des Plaines Vanguard 80.40

Garfield 79.10

St. Patrick's Imperials 73.90

St. Paul Scouts 73.20

Ok, that's weird--BK wins the tourney, beats Vanguard by 1.5 and Bleu Raiders, then goes on to NOT make the first DCI while Vanguard place 7th and Raiders 12th with a 73.95-----BK goes from 82.00 to not even 73.00?!? What happened there? That darned tick system?