WHO?

I'm sure Carolina appreciates the compliment, but it's Gold :thumbdown:

Class A is always hard to call because you're never sure who will be in the division until the summer. Plus, since Class A is made up of newer corps, you never know how the new corps will perform. It'll be a good battle with the smaller corps.

I've said it before and I think it should be again. I think the individual member is FAR more important in class A then in open. Seriously if a class A corps gets a new awesome lead sop and lead bari their score prob. has a big chance of jumping up just because of them. Not saying that a smaller corps cant win (govies proved that last year, 16 horns one this class I believe) just saying that more talent in the pool will almost always help.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well..Govies have always been one of the smaller corps in A, and have the most wins I believe. Having talent/bodies is great, but you have to know what to do with them

:thumbdown: Bucs- I think it's safe to say that they will most likely win again. They are the first to finnish their show music yet again. Sorry. I am a firm beleiver that champions are made in the winter. Not labor day.

Empire- Reports have it that they have had a very strong winter with strong numbers. It would not be a big shock to me if they moved up this year.

Hurcs MBI Cabs ? Sorry don't know much about how they are doing this year. I have yet to check out a Hurcs practice so I'm a little in the dark here.

The top 5 has not changed much over the past two seasons but I think it will this year. Would you like to talk about momentum? The first word that comes to mind is Alliance. I see them gunning for top 5 this year, possible top 4. I also see them being a contender for top percussion as well. :thumbdown:

Edited by HurcsGuyGD.

:thumbdown: Bucs- I think it's safe to say that they will most likely win again. They are the first to finnish their show music yet again. Sorry. I am a firm beleiver that champions are made in the winter. Not labor day.

Empire- Reports have it that they have had a very strong winter with strong numbers. It would not be a big shock to me if they moved up this year.

Hurcs MBI Cabs ? Sorry don't know much about how they are doing this year. I have yet to check out a Hurcs practice so I'm a little in the dark here.

The top 5 has not changed much over the past two seasons but I think it will this year. Would you like to talk about momentum? The first word that comes to mind is Alliance. I see them gunning for top 5 this year, possible top 4. I also see them being a contender for top percussion as well. :thumbdown:

How can you say they are first to finish their show music? You stated that you dont know much about Hurcs, MBI, or Cabs. For all you know they could have half the drill down by now.

Also I do not see Bucs winning again. They have little room for improvement while the other corps have lots of room and I can guarantee those corps will be neck and neck all season with the Bucs. Now from what I have heard MBI has a beast of a show this year and Cabs will improve from last year for sure. Hurcs... I have no clue, have not seen or heard anything about them. It will be one interesting year for sure but that "blue pedistool" will be missing a leg come finals.

I predict whoever scores highest in each class wins

...Also I do not see Bucs winning again. They have little room for improvement while the other corps have lots of room and I can guarantee those corps will be neck and neck all season with the Bucs. Now from what I have heard MBI has a beast of a show this year and Cabs will improve from last year for sure. Hurcs... I have no clue, have not seen or heard anything about them. It will be one interesting year for sure but that "blue pedistool" will be missing a leg come finals.

So by your logic, all the corps start at the score they had at finals and go from there? Is that why Buccs have "little room for improvement"? If they run out of points, wouldn't that mean their score would be a 100? Tough to lose with that score. :tongue: Drum corps doesn't work this way. Every year, all the corps have to start over and build a new product. Some corps have better carryover than others, but they all have to work really hard to be great with a lot of new people.

I saw everyone at Prelims and Finals last year, and I didn't see anyone that was running out of room to get better. I did see that the bar has been raised quite a bit over the last 5 years or so. What used to be a champion would have had a hard time cracking the Top 3 last year. And even though the rules have been changed to keep it from happening, I think that the top Class A corps will be competitive with the Top 10 Open Class corps this year. It will be a great show from top to bottom!

It's already been mentioned, but I think the surprise corps of the year will be Alliance. They are Top 5 bound in 2010, maybe well into the pack.

I predict whoever scores highest in each class wins

Oh Jeff...LOL

Oh Jeff...LOL

Don't laugh, Mike. Jeff made this same prediction last year, and wouldn't you know it, he was right.

Don't laugh, Mike. Jeff made this same prediction last year, and wouldn't you know it, he was right.

Agreed... it is a time-tested formula. :tongue:

Fran