Music City Legend Inactive for 2010

http://www.dcacorps.org/?p=756

Music City Legend, Nashville’s first and only all-age drum corps, will not compete in either the Drum Corps Associates or Drum Corps International circuits this summer, according to MCL Executive Director Scott Rhodes.

Legend’s Board of Directors decided that, based upon the corps’ current financial and organizational situation, it was best for the corps to take a year off and use the time to recruit, fundraise, and establish a more cohesive business plan before re-taking the field in 2011. A key part of Music City Legend’s new business plan will be a concerted effort to strengthen its ties to the Mid-South performing arts community. However, Rhodes stresses that one thing that will not change for next year is the corps’ commitment to bringing a fun and entertaining program to the field for the audience and the corps’ members.

Mike

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this sucks but understandable. DC runs in cycles and looks like the upswing from the last few years has hit its peak for a while. Now we have to hold on and plan for the downhill piece.

Hope the corps uses its non-competative time to build for a stronger organization/financial future. Also hope they plan for the MD 4th of July parades so I can see them.

Like Jim says "This really sucks!" Where am I going to get my face lifts this year? I hear MCL will still host a show in August. I am looking forward to that and MCL's continued camaraderie!

So there are now what? 11 Open Class Corps?

MCL should do Small Drum Association (SDCA), in this tight economy, the business model of doing either DCI and DCA has become to expensive.

Check out SDCA http://cdraferrara.tripod.com/

Corps should look to do this drum corps business model, "indoor drum and bugle corps"

Help grow the sport of drum corps again, don't wait til there is 6 corps left in the nation to start think about growing more drum corps.

Corps that are on the edge should rethink about the size of their corps, the staff and the amount of shows and and travel expenses. Smaller drum corps are the way to do it in this economy.

based on prelims from last year, make that 10...........

So.......everybody gets to make finals this year?

Don't forget Kidsgrove Scouts will be there!! So there are technically still 11 in Open Class right now.

Exactly