Music City Legend Inactive for 2010

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MCL should do Small Drum Association (SDCA), in this tight economy, the business model of doing either DCI and DCA has become to expensive.

Check out SDCA http://cdraferrara.tripod.com/

Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that. When you divide the competitive circuit in half (however unintentional), the distance between like competitive corps doubles and therefor the costs of competition doubles. The easy choice is staying home. Unfortunately that means that everyone loses.

The top 10 North American corps from prelims are full members of DCA.

The Kilties are voting members right now due to the Brigadiers going inactive.

Interesting,,but as pointed out by Tom there is nothing really to vote on this time of the year.

Before any note played this year it sounds like Kilties have some money coming their way next fall from being a member corps. Thats like a bonus. Heck all they have to do is show up and play a single note. Pretty cool if you ask me. But I know several of the Kilties peeps and they are working hard on their 5 year plan. Good boost for them if nothing else.

Sounds like based on these reports that there will be 5 NE corps voting and 5 non NE corps voting next fall. That should be interesting. What happenes if there is a tie in the voting? Is there something in the rule book that covers that topic?

The top 10 North American corps from prelims are full members of DCA.

The Kilties are voting members right now due to the Brigadiers going inactive.

A War of Attrition it seems.

Five year plan? :tongue: I must have missed that meeting (along with everyone else).

Interesting,,but as pointed out by Tom there is nothing really to vote on this time of the year.

Before any note played this year it sounds like Kilties have some money coming their way next fall from being a member corps. Thats like a bonus. Heck all they have to do is show up and play a single note. Pretty cool if you ask me. But I know several of the Kilties peeps and they are working hard on their 5 year plan. Good boost for them if nothing else.

Sounds like based on these reports that there will be 5 NE corps voting and 5 non NE corps voting next fall. That should be interesting. What happenes if there is a tie in the voting? Is there something in the rule book that covers that topic?

yes

Why would the change mean more money from Kilties. I thought all corps shared depending on the number of shows they went to? Can someone answer for me? I thought a few years ago the member Corps voted to share Championship money with everyone.

all corps do share based on the share point system....

However, there are additional incentive funds for top 10... believe me, in the grand scheme of things budget wise, it's not much difference...

Five year plan? :tongue: I must have missed that meeting (along with everyone else).

Bill, you didnt get the new memo?

These are the new strategic objectives of the organization

Year 1 Make Finals

Year 2 Win DCA

Year 3 Win American Idol (New format)

Year 4 Create World Peace

Year 5 fold

Year 6 Open in Branson for the Gatlin Brothers

Year 7 Check into Rehab

Year 8 Assume the Presidency in a bloodless coup

Year 9 Get a Bingo License

Year 10 Usher in the Age of Aquarius

Edited by Scerpella

Bill, you didnt get the new memo?

These are the new strategic objectives of the organization

Year 1 Make Finals

Year 2 Win DCA

Year 3 Win American Idol (New format)

Year 4 Create World Peace

Year 5 fold

Year 6 Open in Branson for the Gatlin Brothers

Year 7 Check into Rehab

Year 8 Assume the Presidency in a bloodless coup

Year 9 Get a Bingo License

Year 10 Usher in the Age of Aquarius

Rather modest goals if you ask me. I'm still wondering when universal domination occurs.