If your kids were going to march

Interesting. What can we conclude from this?

I'm guessing that a lot of kids who don't think they could make BD feel they can make Pioneer?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. What can we conclude from this?

That the responses would have probably been exactly the same if the thread question asked was :......

" Who are YOUR favorite current 5 DCI Corps ? "

Edited by BRASSO

That the responses would have probably been exactly the same if the thread question asked was :......

" Who are YOUR favorite current 5 DCI Corps ? "

not necessarily; i chose proximity, one of many factors including age and resources is how i read this thread.

I'm guessing that a lot of kids who don't think they could make BD feel they can make Pioneer?

I don't think it has to do with what corps can your can make but what corps would you like your child to march. I picked Pioneer because they teach kids as apossed to picking the best. Not knocking BD or anyone else. If you want more info on how I feel about BD then PM me

not necessarily; i chose proximity, one of many factors including age and resources is how i read this thread.

Well, I did use the term " probably" in my comments above,.... (and not the term " entirely ")

Most of the posters so far have listed as their 5 Corps, Corps that are not in close proximity to one another. So at least for THESE posters , we can pretty much rule out " proximity " as a reason in choosing Corps for their child.

It's really hard to know how each poster selected their 5 Corps. I'll stick with my comment here that if we ask what 5 Corps you'd want for your child, the 5 Corps named would be pretty much these " Dad's" or " Mom's " favorite current 5 Corps as well. Not all, but for many. Which is fine.

Edited by BRASSO

I am not yet a parent but I thought that this would be a very interesting post. First of all as a parent I would support what ever choice my kids would make... I do hope that my future children will want to march. That being said I will now start the list...

If I have a son...

1. The Cavaliers... well its my favorite group... from what I heard they are great people and you will have a great time learning new things...

2. Phantom Regiment... Usually has the best musically selections...

3. Madison Scouts... you know sometimes you just want to entertain the crowd!! :ph34r: screw the scores!! Go have fun!!

4. Bluecoats... I just have a great feeling for the corps future...

5. Crossmen... I live in Texas so its a local corps... plus they have a great hornline!

If I have a daughter...

1. Phantom Regiment... already said it!! ha ha!!

2. Bluecoats... once again!!

3. Crossmen... great hornline right???

4. SCV... I love this group a lot!! they have great shows and really no how to please the crowd which is a plus

5. Blue Knights... This group put up a lot of interest for me... Just wait and see what they will do in the next few years...

I have a son. He is in fifth grade. He takes piano lessons and has good ears, and a pretty good musical brain.

I do not push. I will be happy to see him happy.

He knows that I am saving a Madison Scouts jacket for him. He does not know that I will cry like a baby if I am the one who gets to put it on him at some future Memorial Day camp.

I know the snare drummer in the most recent Madison video release, whose father was the architect of the Scouts front ensemble from '78-09, more or less. Am I jealous? Umm yes!

My son will spend a few hours watching my favorite corps this summer when they come to town, and I will continue to dream.

I also have a second grade daughter. She is also musical, but is a wonderful dancer (MHO, Mike!).

She can march wherever she wants, but today I would reccomend

1. SCV

2. Phantom Regiment

3. Colts

4. Blue Coats (I mean Bluecoats :-) )

5. Duh! Pioneer!

Who knows what the future holds!

(but if my son decides to march Cavaliers, the future holds "you are grounded young man!")

:ph34r:

I would highly advise my son or daughter for the first year or two of their drum corps career to march in a DCA, Open Class, Lower-tier Div. 1 corps for their first year of drum corps. That's how I started out and I did nothing but improve during those seasons. Not only will it get them ready for the big boys if they choose to audition elsewhere but they will have an idea of what drum corps life is like and not be shell-shocked at move ins.

I will cry like a baby if I am the one who gets to put it on him at some future Memorial Day camp.

My wish for you is to have that moment. Chills just thinking about it :)

Any corps THEY could afford. If they expected ME to pay those fees for summer marching band, I would suggest/insist they march DCA. The money I save would be spent on their college education.