Just curious

Phantom- tight #####. They always seemed to perform like a corps that is terrified of making mistakes and I think that held them back. Very stuck on themselves in a bad way. They always seemed to give themselves a lot more credit that anyone else.

:tongue:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i highly doubt the Blue Devils tried to set a gym on fire...

That's why our principal when he came over to our new school (this was years and years ago, dunno when the incident occured) said to our directors that there wouldn't be anymore corps at the new school (he also said that back at the old one. so idk when it was if I find out a year ill post it.) (I am not tryin to bash the devs BD fans)

Well that word has more letters than the word I'd use there :) ZING!!

But seriously folks, it seems like that Cavies impression is correct? BD's impression is smooth and cocky. Cadets is a bit stiff and a little too serious. SCV seems a bit... patriarchal, maybe?

That's a relative statement. What they portray in public is a little different than what they do in private.

I'd say Cadets have more of a split personality.

Impressions I got from being around certain corps when I marched/was on staff:

BD- laid back but super serious about what they do on the field.

Cavies- not as laid back as BD, but still pretty chill. Kind of nerdy in a cool sort of way.

Cadets- very serious about everything from visual technique to how they tie their shoes. Greatest attention to detail.

Phantom- tight #####. They always seemed to perform like a corps that is terrified of making mistakes and I think that held them back. Very stuck on themselves in a bad way. They always seemed to give themselves a lot more credit that anyone else.

SCV- "We're ###### MFers because we march at SCV. We will think so regardless of how good we are that year." And I love that about them.

Bluecoats- The little brother corps that is trying desperately to be noticed. They've put out some good shows over the years, but that is the impression I get.

Crown- We're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just ask us.

Boston- Cadets- light.

I could go on but I'm tired of typing.

lol :tongue:

From talking to a number of BD and SCV age-outs and alumni, it definitely seems like the corps have personalities and attract similar-minded people.

Blue Devils tend to act like lead trumpet players. Very arrogant, cocky, conceited, and yet they have the right to be since they are the best marchers in the world. They own the world. They are the greatest thing since God, and perhaps even greater than God. In rehearsal, they get their s*** done and have enough time to relax and blow off steam afterward.

Vanguard, on the other hand, is hard-core. They will not rest (literally) if their product is insufficient. One of my friends who marched SCVC cymbal line told me about a time where they had to run five miles in a rehearsal block after one of their guys busted up laughing after a joke.

I've heard similar types of personalities for the Cavaliers, Bluecoats, and Crusaders, and I'm sure there are others I'm not aware of.

Edited by rootofthechord

That's a relative statement. What they portray in public is a little different than what they do in private.

I'd say Cadets have more of a split personality.

A lot of the Cadets I know are a lot of fun to be around. They just have a lot of pride in being a part of the organization and firmly believe in respecting the uniform and the people who wear it

...Which is awesome.

Impressions I got from being around certain corps when I marched/was on staff:

BD- laid back but super serious about what they do on the field.

Cavies- not as laid back as BD, but still pretty chill. Kind of nerdy in a cool sort of way.

Cadets- very serious about everything from visual technique to how they tie their shoes. Greatest attention to detail.

SCV- "We're ###### MFers because we march at SCV. We will think so regardless of how good we are that year." And I love that about them.

Bluecoats- The little brother corps that is trying desperately to be noticed. They've put out some good shows over the years, but that is the impression I get.

Crown- We're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just ask us.

Boston- Cadets- light.

I could go on but I'm tired of typing.

No, please do go on. :tongue:

From talking to a number of BD and SCV age-outs and alumni, it definitely seems like the corps have personalities and attract similar-minded people.

Blue Devils tend to act like lead trumpet players. Very arrogant, cocky, conceited, and yet they have the right to be since they are the best marchers in the world. They own the world. They are the greatest thing since God, and perhaps even greater than God. In rehearsal, they get their s*** done and have enough time to relax and blow off steam afterward.

Vanguard, on the other hand, is hard-core. They will not rest (literally) if their product is insufficient. One of my friends who marched SCVC cymbal line told me about a time where they had to run five miles in a rehearsal block after one of their guys busted up laughing after a joke.

I've heard similar types of personalities for the Cavaliers, Bluecoats, and Crusaders, and I'm sure there are others I'm not aware of.

I've never understood why people are so willing to excuse bad behavior because someone is talented. It is possible to be really good at something and a considerate human being at the same time.