A Drum Corps Blind Spot

sounds like a lot of needless redundancy to me. But, hey that's why yooze guyz iz artistz. Me, I just know how to get things done in a limited amount of time with a limited amount of resources.

Tom do you follow football?

they do things in a similar fashion. Sure the whole defense may break down film together withthe defensive coordinator. But then the linemen go to their meeting, the linebacks to theirs, the backfield to theirs, each with their respective coaches and break down things more specific to their units. It's in this fashion that DCI corps do it also, which I think is fabulous.

kids get the big picture, but yet get what pertains to just their section.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will respect this thread when it starts wearing clothes befitting of a productive member of society.

I'm wearing a Banished Boyond shirt and khaki shorts. Ergo, you respect me :ph34r:

Tom do you follow football?

Speaking of football:

p1_belichick.jpg

• One the best in the business
  • Dresses this way not just in front of live audience but millions of TV viewers
  • Organization *has* the finances to pay for a fresh team polo for every game :-)
  • Management doesnt seem to care !
  • Excellence does not seem to be impacted !!

And this was painful to post because I hate the Patriots and especially Bill Belichick.

Edited by corpsband

and he is mocked nationwide for it too

yeah he's mocked -- by all those teams he beats (and their fans).

and how's his excellence?

do you think *he* doesn't pay attention to details?

wait a minute -- could it be -- the cut off sweatshirt really doesn't matter?

(except to people with nothing better to do than mock his success?)

no need for an on the field warmup.

That is a matter of opinion. Some corps do feel that way, but others disagree.

and many corps do not have staff setting up equipment.

Are you kidding? In this age, with pit percussion, amplification and electronic instruments, I don't think there's a single corps in DCI that doesn't have staff helping corps members set up equipment.

Folks mock the marching bands at Stanford, Harvard too and how the band and students look

But in a couple of years, these well dressed folks in South Podunk will be working for, and paying taxes to, the crappily dressed,( but smart ) students in these bands and from these colleges when they graduate.

It's nice to wear a polo shirt, don't get me wrong. But at the end of the day, it's a lot better to dress in a t shirt,shorts, and sandals and own a couple of clothing stores.

No banker cares how you dress when you come in for a loan to expand your business. Those arn't the assets they're interested in seeing on you. They want to know what is is you have to cover their $500,000 loan besides your snappy business suit. If you qualify, you could come in with your pajamas on, they don't care... ( and some have). It's all about content and substance here, ( and values ) not the superficial stuff like what you wear over your skin that day.

There are a lot of very well dressed professors teaching at the Community Colleges today. And conversely, a lot terribly dressed ( but great and brilliant teachers ) at the Ivy League Colleges. Who cares ? either way ? the only place where the attire might mean anything is at the Community College.

Edited by BRASSO

Hey, why stop with Belichek. When it comes to attire, " they mocked " the Messiah nationwide too, big deal.

Edited by BRASSO

he's also been fined personally, as well as the team for breaking rules. do you really want to go there Mike?

yeah he's mocked -- by all those teams he beats (and their fans).

and how's his excellence?

do you think *he* doesn't pay attention to details?

wait a minute -- could it be -- the cut off sweatshirt really doesn't matter?

(except to people with nothing better to do than mock his success?)