A Drum Corps Blind Spot

That just makes no sense. It matters to those whom it matters to. Period. You can't label the group who says it matters as "The Group That Has No Say", there's just no way for you to know that.

Actually it does make sense. If the "people who have a say" wanted things to change, things would change! Otherwise you're suggesting that the decision makers have no power to enforce their decisions.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it does make sense. If the "people who have a say" wanted things to change, things would change! Otherwise you're suggesting that the decision makers have no power to enforce their decisions.

No, it just means the people making the decisions are forced to prioritize what they put their energy into. It doesn't mean they don't care. My guess is if you polled the directors of all the corps, a majority would state a preference for their staff looking put together and professional at shows, as opposed to looking like schlumps. It is failed logic to say that the decision makers not enforcing dress codes = the decision makers not caring what their staff look like.

No, it just means the people making the decisions are forced to prioritize what they put their energy into.

But this contradicts "it would take very little effort for the staff to just put on a polo" argument stated earlier in the thread :)

But this contradicts "it would take very little effort for the staff to just put on a polo" argument stated earlier in the thread :)

Ahh, perhaps, but that wasn't MY argument, now was it. :ph34r: :ph34r:

I know what was said to me. I dont wish to out the guy, or the companies named.

but it DOES matter to some folks. folks that could help make DCI look even more attractive to sponsors outside of Yamaha, Pearl, Adams etc.

I know what was said to me. I dont wish to out the guy, or the companies named.

but it DOES matter to some folks. folks that could help make DCI look even more attractive to sponsors outside of Yamaha, Pearl, Adams etc.

Im sure Nike is after " Marching Bands " ughhhhh

Im sure Nike is after " Marching Bands " ughhhhh

one never knows. after all, I see puma becoming huge in indoor as the whole barefoot thing is starting to fade out

You'd be surprised what Nike designs for. The University of Oregon marching Band wears Nike uniforms.

I was actually being a smart ### because bottom line to any business is sales not fashion...If the fashion police on this site just realise they are at a drum corps show not fashion week then we can move on..lol....oo by the way i see alot more offensive clothing in the stands :-)