Are there true loyalties in DCI like there are in the NFL?

Are you completely solid on one corps like you are solid on an NFL team? Loyal to none other than them?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Choices

• I am indifferent
    • I find something to like in all corps
    • I only like one corps and no other
    • I like only a small handful of corps
    • I plead the 5th

I find something to like in all corps.

Example: Even though I have not liked the Blue Devils shows the last three years, The kids I've met from BD were nice, their color guards are very good and Scott Johnson's drum parts very good too.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are loyalties as a marching member. Will pay $X amount to do it. But as fans we're a lot more sane about our limits. While there's some NFL types that own every trinket, ever made for their team, make EVERY single game, home or not. And other extremes, those extremes are much rare-er for DCI folks, and less team specific. Outside of staff / roadies actually on tour with said corps, most of us will see but a few shows. None of which will likely be more than a couple of hundred miles from where we live. With the occasional exception of the championships. And there's not exactly season tickets for drumcorps types. As the number of home games (for your team / or any competitive team) is probably closer to 5% than 50%.

I'm completely behind the corps i marched in, but that doesnt mean i'm not a fan of what other corps do depending on the year. Thats not different than sports teams though.. i can watch my team and still appreciate greatness from another team, even if theyre a team im not a fan of.

Poll answers kinda suck.

lamp.jpg

The inspirational Michael Scott. " The Office " Sales Manager of the Dunder- Mifflin Co. Scranton, Pa.

Lets be honest, Michael Scott knows how to dress for success, and cuts quite the handsome and commanding figure when he walks into any room. ( DCI Corps staff could learn a thing or two on proper image making here from Mr. Scott's attire )

famous words of advice on proper image making ( applicable to DCI image building ? ) from Michael Scott :

" You may look around ( the office ) and see two groups here, white collar... blue collar. But I don't see it that way. You know why not ? Because I am collar blind, that's why. "

Edited by BRASSO

Most people with drum corps backgrounds usually root for the corps that they're from. The NFL analogy doesn't make much sense because most people who attend an NFL game have never played professional football in their lives, whereas drum corps shows tend to draw a lot of alumni.

I plead the 5th, there really wasn't an option that fit me will. I am strongly loyal to one corps from a competitive who do I want to root for kind of standpoint, but I love drum corps and a corps has to really suck horrendously for me to not get a degree of enjoyment from their show regardless of top 5, top 12, top 50, whatever.

My loyalties in the NFL are the Detroit Lion's. Have rooted for them forever. My fear is if I mention who I am loyal to in DCI the comparison to the Lion's may lead one to think I am foolish on both loyalties. Therefore I plead the fifth on my corps. They do have the same color uniforms as the Lion's, hint, hint.

I have my loyalties, but I usually can enjoy most corps.

I like corps with an awesome brass sound and with mellophones who can play licks through the entire corps.

Flying drill looks cool, but it just doesn't do it for me like the music.

Leading me to be partial towards Santa Clara, Phantom, Crown, Bluecoats etc.

While I'm now officially rooting for a corps (kinda have to when your kid marches) in the past I generally liked shows rather than corps. I'm actually quite happy when a corps I don't expect to enjoy as much changes my mind with a particular show.

Didnt really have an option for me...

I really love 1 corps. :ph34r:

Another handful I like a lot. :ph34r:

I also very much enjoy several corps but dont follow them as much. :thumbup:

There are a few that I dont really care about, not that I dislike them, I just dont care for them. :thumbup:

Finally there is 1 I just can not stand. :thumbup:

I also kind of judge based on the show that current year for some of them.

Edited by skeptic