"Official" 2010 Crown Program Announced

Nice musical selections. With the way their brass performance has been the past few years, it should be fun to listen to.

I just hope they don't "Crown it up."

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it first.

Crown 2037 - "Ah, For F***s Sake, BD... Give It A G**-D***ed Rest Already!"

Yes, the show repertoire sounds interesting. I am sure there will be a great brass book. I am sure they will get high GE marks. I am sure they will be a crowd favorite. (Who knows - maybe Tinkerbell will make a re-apearance.)

Here is what I am not sure of....

Will they fix the visual problems, that cost them the title last year? Particularly in visual performance and ensemble performance? Do they have a new visual instructions team this year? Are they emphacizing this, in the off-season camps? That is where visual problems get fixed - not in the run-up to finals.

If they don't fix these problems, they won't get "a second chance" to reel in BD. No way. Not in MMX, or MMC, or in any other Roman Numeral.

I just listened to the finale on the Site That Must Not Be Named. Corpsgasm. I'll see them when they come to Houston, of course, but I might just have to see them in San Antonio as well. And Dallas! And Murfreesboro! And...

Very true. Assuming they keep up their tricks in the hornline and battery from the last few years, their Achilles heel will be the visual program. But I would suggest that, given the way this corps has been trending over the last few years, the wind is at their backs.

I think one other thing is worth pointing out, if only because it doesn't get acknowledged nearly enough: Success is one of the most fragile things in the world. Assembling, much less holding together, the variables that make something truly great is so very challenging. (Many corps will readily attest to that.) I'm just hoping Crown can keep their secret sauce in place long enough to finally bring some new blood to the championship.

Yes, the show repertoire sounds interesting. I am sure there will be a great brass book. I am sure they will get high GE marks. I am sure they will be a crowd favorite. (Who knows - maybe Tinkerbell will make a re-apearance.)

Will they fix the visual problems, that cost them the title last year? Particularly in visual performance and ensemble performance? Do they have a new visual instructions team this year? Are they emphacizing this, in the off-season camps? That is where visual problems get fixed - not in the run-up to finals.

If they don't fix these problems, they won't get "a second chance" to reel in BD. No way. Not in MMX, or MMC, or in any other Roman Numeral.

well to be honest, their percussion problem has become much less of one...maybe it's one thing at a time