Changes in DCI?

Once again has this ever been proposed or is this again just pointless arguing?

a lot happened. we're just waiting for someone to speak officially to fill in the blanks of that which has been posted here and verified by more than a few

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and some people root for Notre Dame, then Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys to fail.

is that the same in your eyes?

I think rooting against multi-billion dollar national media darlings is one thing, and rooting against a non-profit youth arts organization to fail is another totally. Are either one of the great? No, and while I personally am not a fan of any of those teams, I don't root against them maliciously.

Now, Michigan, that's another story.... :tongue::rolleyes:

I think I can help.

What happened is this. DCI decided that the only way to function properly was to regulate everyone to take this special medication before entering a stadium to view a drum corps show. What this will do is cause everyone to see drum corps as they've always wished to see it. For example, if George Hopkins were to enter the stadium as a spectator, he would have woodwinds, electronics...etc etc...On the other hand if your textbook old schooler enters a stadium, he will see drum corps ala Bridgemen 1980, etc etc etc.

Now here is the best part. DCI has commisioned me to create this special new drug and I am just days away from being the wealthiest man since the turn of the century. Isn't that neat?

ANYONE thinking they're going to be the wealthiest man due to an advancement in drum corps is sorely mistaken :rolleyes:

. I can see our "thing" working well on a hockey-size stage. I'd buy in.

I'm open to that future.

Sounds like if we can add some more musical instruments to WGI, then the DCI future is ours regarding DCI Championship shows in an indoor hockey rink... perhaps in Duluth, Minnesota or some such locale. We've done this model at WGI, and indoor hockey rinks have worked pretty well too. Some of these indoor hockey rinks are not all that small either anymore, and should be able to easily handle future DCI Championship size crowds.

I wouldn't be for such " change " at all. But I'm open to that future too. What will be, will be.

Edited by BRASSO

Is "DCI" the victim of the curse of 3050?

MMMLogo.jpg

I'm looking forward to the 2010 season with just as much excitement (minus the tea party-esque rancor) as the next fan. But won't some truth in advertising soon be required?

and some people root for Notre Dame, then Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys to fail.

is that the same in your eyes?

I have no problem with this except I'd switch the Cowboys and ND positions. :rolleyes:

Is "DCI" the victim of the curse of 3050?

I'm looking forward to the 2010 season with just as much excitement (minus the tea party-esque rancor) as the next fan. But won't some truth in advertising soon be required?

Hey, why is there a curse on the HP Laserjet 3050? It's a good machine!

3050.jpg

Edited by Michael Boo

Hey, why is there a curse on the HP Laserjet 3050? It's a good machine!

3050.jpg

Nothings wrong with this machine at all.

As a matter of fact, under the new rules, any Corps could use it in their pre show this year if they wanted.

plug the sucker in, dial it up, and just listen to the sound of a fax machine humming along till we ask the DM if his so called " Drum and Bugle Corps " is ready to go. That'd work, Michael.

Edited by BRASSO