Does this pass the sniff test?

Hey- for you guys who were looking for a place to start and got roped in---

I know it's not as sexy as a drum corps staff gig, but there are a lot of bands out there desperate for help and experience and would put it to good use.

You'll learn a lot in return and make a difference for the kids you teach. Everyone will be enriched for your involvement somewhere. It's a win. Don't feel down. Learn from this, it didn't kill you, it'll make you stronger and wiser. :devil:

I have taught a few bands. I don't think this has ruined us, my point was mostly that we are just as upset as you all.

I have taught a few bands. I don't think this has ruined us, my point was mostly that we are just as upset as you all.

I don't blame you for being upset, man. Just never lose heart. Keep teaching, educate, fight the good fight. :devil:

So long as he never received money from sponsors, and there's no reason to believe that he has since everything else concerning Eclipse dissipated into thin air, the only "black eye" given was to his reputation (and black eye is understating things a bit). If he had money and had gone ahead with auditions and, God forbid, actually tried to field a unit the damage would have been severe. Probably nothing would have come from this anyways, but DCP deserves some credit for nipping this in the bud.

Yea, he's one reason I've always said that RAMD is the Mos Eisley Space Port of the internet.

a wrecthed hive of villany and scum

and me

..the only "black eye" given was to his reputation (and black eye is understating things a bit)...

If this was a farce his reputation is not the only thing receiving a black eye; he gave a black eye to Lilly, Gatorade, and any other sponsor he claimed; a black eye was given to all the people he snookered into believing him; a black eye was given to any legitimate organization attempting to build a corps; a black eye was given to DCI; and a black eye was given to all other non-profits needing funding. That is what makes it so serious if this was a farce.

If this was a farce his reputation is not the only thing receiving a black eye; he gave a black eye to Lilly, Gatorade, and any other sponsor he claimed; a black eye was given to all the people he snookered into believing him; a black eye was given to any legitimate organization attempting to build a corps; a black eye was given to DCI; and a black eye was given to all other non-profits needing funding. That is what makes it so serious if this was a farce.

I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but how?

If ever actually contacted any sponsors. At most he probably sent in some grant applications, which were probably thrown away without a second glance. If that's the case, little harm was done. The Lilly Endowment is able to discern between a farcical drum corps started

by a teenager, and a real organization, so I don't believe any harm was done there.

Then again, no one really knows, and if he got these requests taken seriously (and they might have if, as some suggest, his parents helped him) then you are absolutely right. As for the people he suckered in, DCP and other channels have helped to absolve them. He also embarrassed himself on indianamarching.com, so hopefully word is spreading through the band world as well.

Eklipse (different spelling, I know) has already been a drum corps in 2003.

http://www.corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm?vie...orpstype=Junior

Of course this is a different organization.

And still exists as a Winter Guard.

I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but how?

When we do something profound, either positive or negative, we indirectly represent our parents, our friends, our mentors, our corps, our educational institutions, and all who have influenced our character. We also have to be aware of the impact that our words, deeds, and actions will have on the reputations of other people and entities in which we claim association. That is part of human nature and human interaction.