Does this pass the sniff test?

jeez, can we at least wait to beat up on corps at least until the possible new Corps gets passed the capitol formation stage ?

It's like looking at a plot of land a builder put cash down to build a house, and then saying the new house is ugly and smells. This, despite the fact the builder hasn't broken any ground, put any workers to work there, nor even designed the blueprints for his friggin' new house yet.

Nice.

There's something about the drill designer's claims that doesn't pass the sniff test for me either. I could be completely wrong, but...there are some schools on his client list that I could have sworn were written for by someone else. Maybe this guy just teched them one year, and that was enough to toss on his clients list.

What with Howdy on board as well, I think this might be the biggest collection of drum corps wannabees with chips on their shoulders seeking to "prove everyone wrong." Their staff bios are a classic case of "padding the resume" with as impressive-sounding tidbits as you can. And why the He11 would Howdy be teaching contras instead of trumpets? He barely knows the fundies of trumpet and now he's going to teach another brass instrument? The winter snare line instructor currently marches Crown on baritone, and was a trumpet player in high school?

I do notice almost no one that is claimed to be on their staff has marched with one of the corps we call "big boys" (aside from the Crown guy above and one or two others). Looks like they are all people who wish they were better than they actually are, but are somewhat deluded about it as well. Reminds me of this guy:

http://www.ehow.com/video_4931122_swing-ex...ne-players.html

They've apparently taken down his triplet video, but...it was the laughingstock of the (musician's) web for a short while last year.

I'll stick up for some of the staff members. There's some VERY talented educators and players on this staff. However, at least the one I talked to already this morning that does work for a TOP BOA band, his name and resume should not even be listed. I'm waiting to hear back from some more people I sent a message to. Maybe by talking to more of the staff we can crack this open.

Me

Hey *******, hope you got my message today. I'm a little worried about you guys that are listed for Eclipse.

11:57am********

Yea man me too, it looks shady.

I emailed the director, and I was put on staff lol

... i was just wondering about the staff positions, and he put me on

Name's blocked to protect the INNOCENT. This is a conversation I just had.

This definitely fails the test for me. At first glance I thought the whole website was a prank. What better way to get DCP all riled up? But it looks like these guys are for real at least in their minds. Everything about this seems wrong to me and I've been around long enough to see plenty of wannabees come and go in this activity. Looking at the track record for Indiana, history is not on the side of this "corps." Anybody remember Mystical from Evansville? They were way more legit than this and I think they lasted a whole 6 months.

Their staff has a public relations person listed. Maybe he can come on here and set everything straight for us. I also think if they have the sponsors they are claiming and the hornline and bus deals, there would be links to these organizations on the website. Every other corps does this for their sponsors and official affiliates. Everything about this just doesn't seem right. I will wait for Eclipse to prove me wrong when I see them fill all 86 horn spots and put 150 kids on the road.

Me

Hey *******, hope you got my message today. I'm a little worried about you guys that are listed for Eclipse.

11:57am********

Yea man me too, it looks shady.

I emailed the director, and I was put on staff lol

... i was just wondering about the staff positions, and he put me on

Name's blocked to protect the INNOCENT. This is a conversation I just had.

If you want to see how suspicious it is why not send the director an email to see about a job and see if your name pops up on the list?

I wouldn't want my name tied to this corps. And neither do a lot of the people I'm talking to that are listed as they're learning more about this corps.

Sounds like the Eclipse has already passed with several DCP'ers.

That was quick. Some of us never got a sniff of it. Maybe another Eclipse will show up in Indiana sometime in the next 20 years. ' Hope so. And hope it doesn't blind us, or disappoint us, if we gaze at it too long then either.

Edited by BRASSO