Does this pass the sniff test?

and BTW...who's this "Howdy" character? sounds like he doesnt have that good of a reputation around these parts.

Man, didn't look at the website but this name is all I needed....

Just beware if you cross this guy...

Bottom line is this could hurt the reputation of Drum Corps in general if it's not on the level or handled badly. Even good intentions handled badly could sink DC in the area for years to come.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

It is definitely Howdy - and with his reputation - fake degrees, and bogus "ministry" I wouldn't trust this organization. Unless they aren't aware of his colorful past.

what is this colorful past?

Man, didn't look at the website but this name is all I needed....

Just beware if you cross this guy...

Bottom line is this could hurt the reputation of Drum Corps in general if it's not on the level or handled badly. Even good intentions handled badly could sink DC in the area for years to come.

Alright DCP! Look, I knew in my gut this was a scam when I started the thread. I also knew if I walked in saying "hey look at this scam drum corps site I found" you all would have accused me of making it. I marched, I taught, Div I finalists all around. I'm no idiot.

And this quote is exactly why I brought it to your collective attention. This is REALLLLLY close to DCI, BOA, everyone and everything we hold dear. I Appreciate all the extra insight you all have provided, and I will continue to read your input. I feel a little worthwhile this weekend, to be completely honest.

Thanks again, everyone!!!!

~M

P.S. I will let everyone know as soon as I hear back from all of their "Corporate Sponsors" and DCI. Anyone have a more direct way of contacting the "powers" other than the "contact us" box on their site?

I was offered his phone number, however, declined. I did not feel it appropriate to contact Mr. Nagy directly through his cell at this time. I've also been told by a person listed as a staff member that he is 22, not 19 as being reported here. Not sure which is accurate. Basically, he's listed everyone who's contacted him about being a part of it. Many of those people will have not even aged out next year and will NOT be on the staff. The webpage as a whole is incredibly misleading to the actual going ons of this "corps". I have no doubt that Mr. Nagy knows of this conversation happening on DCP and is currently dealing with a larger amount of emails of people asking to not be listed as a part of this, or just people truly questioning his base. I'm understanding that the Lily foundation truly could be contributing money, and that his parents are wealthy and supporting this endeavor.

The last few DCP days have made me nostalgic for RAMD, having now seen Catherine Burr and Howdy brought up in different threads.

Where are the Jim Wise and Nick Pallato? Those guys were always good contributors back in the day. Do they post on DCP?

Nikk had some kind of conflict come up when he...began a grad degree, I think? I don't remember, he posted a thread about it when he announced he'd have to be offline for a while. His name on here was The Tsar, if I remember. I'm with you, and I hope he comes back. As for Jim Wise, I don't think he made the transition to DCP, but I don't remember. Some people that were here in the early days didn't necessarily stick around.

Even if the money situation is real, that doesn't mean the situation is a good one. If anything, I'd be even more skeptical of having a director with all the cash at hand; a director that becomes king usually has trouble maintaining any kind of consistent organization (see: Regiment, Capital).

I'm understanding that the Lily foundation truly could be contributing money, and that his parents are wealthy and supporting this endeavor.

The last part of this quote, if true, explains quite a lot.

I was offered his phone number, however, declined. I did not feel it appropriate to contact Mr. Nagy directly through his cell at this time. I've also been told by a person listed as a staff member that he is 22, not 19 as being reported here. Not sure which is accurate. Basically, he's listed everyone who's contacted him about being a part of it. Many of those people will have not even aged out next year and will NOT be on the staff. The webpage as a whole is incredibly misleading to the actual going ons of this "corps". I have no doubt that Mr. Nagy knows of this conversation happening on DCP and is currently dealing with a larger amount of emails of people asking to not be listed as a part of this, or just people truly questioning his base. I'm understanding that the Lily foundation truly could be contributing money, and that his parents are wealthy and supporting this endeavor.

I wish my parents would do that.

what is this colorful past?

Read through this: http://schmidt-faq.blogspot.com/

He did play contra in North Star and Spirit back in the late 70s. Beyond that - he's a shady character, with bogus "ministries" and several fake degrees. He calls himself a Dr., a minister, and a teacher. What he is is a minor criminal, scammer, and a d-bag.

Alright DCP! Look, I knew in my gut this was a scam when I started the thread. I also knew if I walked in saying "hey look at this scam drum corps site I found" you all would have accused me of making it. I marched, I taught, Div I finalists all around. I'm no idiot.

While I think DCP is doing some worthwhile investigative journalism here, let's not throw around the "scam" word too lightly. "Scam" indicates an intent to defraud. While it's fine to cast some doubt on the website's claims, we should also give a fair chance for Eclipse to respond.

There's already been some false information post right on this thread.

--For instance no where does the site claim they've already contracted for a food truck -- it just says which one they *intend* to acquire.

--On the money side they don't say they have 75% of 1.6m in the bank -- they say they have it "accounted for" which is quite different.

--Someone asked "they cant afford $10 for a domain name" -- maybe this is the pre-cursor to the real site with a real domain and was not really meant to widely publicized yet. That may be naive but it's not indicative of any bad behavior.

Now don't get me wrong -- I do agree a *lot* of the language on the website could be construed as misleading. OTOH some people have arrested, tried, convicted, and hung this organization. THAT is a little premature as well.

Edited by corpsband