Does this pass the sniff test?

And !boom! goes the dynamite.

Page is down.

Ladies and gentlemen....that was the quickest folding of a "corps" I've personally witnessed. Any chance we can apply this newfound power of ours to the TV show "Glee," the band "Coldplay," the chick who writes the "Twilight" books, and Glenn Beck?

Edited by Threats

Sweet baby Jesus. I've heard John Faddis live like in the 5th row (Like this Howdy guy keeps saying people should do) and calls him only "better than an average pro"!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :happy::happy::devil:

If Howdy IS better-- he'd be a session guy or making his living playing and be as well known for being as fantastic as Faddis or Al Chez, or Mike Vax... or Dennis Noday are.. all whom I have seen live....

And yeah- You'd think if he was a hot-shoe on Soprano, even if they had a shortage of Contras at North Star- he'd have been kept on Sop, or does even a Bari guy like me possess too much common sense?

Yes, there have been corps that started out well-funded by a single person besides Star of Indiana, Ohio Brass Factory in Late '70's/ early '80's DCA for one that never got over the hump, and the person behind that was a very successful surgeon I believe, no dummy- and the staff were decent guys, they had equipment and good rehearsal facilities, etc. It unfortunately just didn't all work out for them.

Everyone would like to see a start-up corps make it. I think we can all agree on that. But-- as Jim said earlier- do we need something that looks like it has a lot of potential to--

-Turn outside people off from the activity or to give it a bad rep when someone like the rest of us mentions we were in one?

-Cause Band Directors and college people to discourage their students from participating in corps because of this kind of thing?

There are more then a few of us on DCP from corps that were killed due to gross mismanagement and sometimes outright criminal malefeasance. I'm not talking about the ones that just don't make it because they just couldn't find the funding or personnel, or had destruction of the corps' property so they couldn't continue running their operation. I think some of the youngin's or more fortunately innocent older individuals who've never watched something like that go down in front of their faces need to be a bit understanding of where people like myself are coming from when we see something like this and are very skeptical about it. It's an ugly thing, and I know for many of us it's still an open wound when I tell people- "Yeah, the corps I marched with for 6 years doesn't exist anymore because of.... etc..."

I just talked to my staff member and he said he had told them to remove his name weeks ago...now he is pretty mad.

Edited by donnymusic

The director also seems to have changed some of the privacy settings on his Facebook...

The director also seems to have changed some of the privacy settings on his Facebook...

Ummmhmm..... And when you are trying to run a corps, transparency to the public is paramount. That's a very opaque move if you ask me.

And !boom! goes the dynamite.

Page is down.

Do not read too much into this removal; it does not necessarily mean anything other than the website is down. They could be retooling, renaming, figuring out another idea, and than resurface. A kid that has rich parents who (supposedly) is giving him capital and a major foundation that is supporting him more than likely will "not" go away.

Edited by Stu