Does this pass the sniff test?

Apparently there's a facebook page up for them too.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eclipse-Drum...58601196?ref=ts

Looks like it was created a couple weeks ago, but has 500ish fans already.

"I would agree that the staff is fairly young, but that is one of the many factors of why Eclipse will be so successful. If you take a look at the staff page, you'll see that the staff comes from different World Class programs all over the country. These programs like all others, have their faults and Eclipse is learning from its staff how to operate the corps more smoothly than the prior programs they have been involved with.

the problem with this, if true, is that theres a big difference in having experience in seeing how a corps has been run from the member standpoint, and seeing it run from a staff\administration standpoint. Even if they think they can handle the on-the-field stuff, theres so many things that go on off the field, and so much business management, that that much inexperience could be dangerous, especially once you put 150 kids on the road. You really need someone who can be a master of the business end, and im not sure i see that on their staff list.

Edited by AlexL

Baris need 7 people... the 5 mentioned above and another 2 to teach

1) which end the mouth goes in

2) which end the sound comes out

And yes... BigW and I DID march together.... :happy:

:mat::devil::mat::mat:

And when we're both doing alumni corps- they don't call us Barleytones for nuthin'!!!

And man- the more people are dissecting this... I think Jim and I will agree. Something's not 100% right here.... :happy:

Yes, that's the same Chris Nagy.

Yes that is the same Chris Nagy.

The founder and executive director of this "drum corps" is a 19-year-old with zero drum corps teaching experience.

You need to tell each and every one of your students to avoid this completely illegitimate operation as soon as possible.

I know that at least one of the people listed on the staff page were contacted about staff positions, explicitly responded "No," were placed on the website anyways, and have been petitioning ever since to have their name removed.

I have no idea how DCI has not shut this down yet, it is a danger to everyone involved and to the activity itself.

OMG how did I not notice that....Howdy....Reminds me of RAMD...

One more tick in the "no way" column....

What about this director...he just aged out last year..?.. Can someone tell me a story that encapsulates their experiences with him? I mean, Dave GLasgow at 'Coats took over reallllly quick....but he was the DM...What did this guy do, he was a mello I think? Was he horn sergant or something..?

Anyway....carry on...and thanks...

~M

This guy was a guy who played mello and stood on the sidelines for shows if I am not corrected.

Edited by chainsaw1