Possible 2011 DCI Touring Format Poll  

369 members have voted

1. 1. The proposed tour for top 7 and special events

• for it
    • against it
    • undecided wait and see
    • other

and i'll repost this before bed:

look...i know both sides may be slanted tonight in what was released. here is where DCI has the chance to do something amazing, and would do so much to to get the fans on their side as far as believing them:

release the minutes of every meeting held last week and every phone call since.

here's your chance DCI. bare it all.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Jeff.... DCI Needs to release all the info from last week. As I stated in my post earlier with the e-mail that i sent to the Directors of "G7".... RELEASE THE INFORMATION!!!

look...i know both sides may be slanted tonight in what was released. here is where DCI has the chance to do something amazing, and would do so much to to get the fans on their side as far as believing them:

Before this repost I was going to repost it for you... but it is worth it to repost it again.

Here is a chance for that clarity we have been asking for.

WHAT WOULD JESUS DO

No. What would Brian Boitano do?

More serious than it looks. - Judged art form ya see

I have read most of the thread. I'm not for it. And I don't need more info to make a decision.

I really just don't feel like this the the new direction the activity has to go. And I smell a war coming.

We are talking about a bunch of arrogant businessmen and musicians.

And there is already ENOUGH of a problem recruiting and finding members to fill out corps just because "they aren't as good as the Cadets"

It would also be cool to see this 60 page proposal, so we could better appreciate how this exciting concept will create opportunities for the good of all.

Read the thread through the night on my iphone. My eyes are HURTING!

I dont agree with the proposal as i understand it.

i think people are correct to predict a war. I also think that this may be a good time for the non G7 corps to stand tall and draw their own line in the sand.

with the reshuffle of the BOD I believe that there are no G7 directors still in it (i may be wrong, please put me right if i am!) this board should say a mighty NO to this proposal and see what happens.

If the G7 (probably G6 with the cavvies stance) break away, let them. Let them implement WW and all the other razamatazz and then let the remaining corps bring DCI back to drum corps without the electronics and other recent changes.

Only time would tell if the breakaway organisation would be sustainable but I'm sure that with a little tinkering on the financial and touring side DCI would thrive and outlast the 'Summer Marching Band Organisation' (G7).

i dont think that the quality of the remaining corps would drop at all. In fact I believe that it would improve as kids who want to march Drum Corps would stop auditioning for the G7 because they were no longer DCI participants and would be seen as marching band.

I'll write more when I've had a sleep. Hope some of this makes sense!!!

My ### is there in the seats for every corps as well, as soon as I arrive. That's why I am able to speak about this first-hand. I've seen for myself the way the stands gradually fill in as the night goes on. It happens at every show. The G7 corps are the biggest draws in the activity. Maybe you wish it weren't so, but you at least have to agree that this is the case.

Now, having agreed to that much, how do we use that fact to better the activity? It should at least be conceivable that we grow the activity by marketing these draws over all other corps. We might consider establishing a minimum number of these corps to visit the west coast each year. We might consider an event format where these corps are able to perform not just a 12 minute show, but encores and concert pieces and the like as well. We might consider increasing the presence of these seven corps to band programs across the country, because, let's face it, those kids are engaging in the same actions as the marching members in drum corps and are more likely than any other demographic to become new fans.

Reasonable people can debate the merits of this approach. What I find dismaying is the automatic assumption of malicious intent on the part of the directors who voted for this. No doubt the tone of the DCW article has played a role in that.

Truer words have never been spoken. I made the same points on that other thread, but few people wanted to admit to that.