The OFFICIAL Phantom Regiment Thread

all i said is the guard hurt last year. This is no where near last years show. I like this one a lot more :thumbdown: All they need to do is clean. Cant wait to see it again at Kzoo this weekend!

Not mad at you BigPapiBass5, its all the 'I know High School groups that are better than PRs guard' stuff.

The High School kids have all year to pratice - and they get their class grade for participation.

Hardly a reasonable comparison.

Drum Corps, up North at least, has a very limited season.

Last year it rained for what seemed like months.....something you never get over or caught up to the other corps.

I just had to make some POSITIVE comments after the bashers/haters rampaged through.

...again, excited about tonight's show and to see most of the top corps in Kalamazoo.

Safe travels!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all...

Can anyone confirm for me whether or not the opening bars of the Regiment's show this year is the music used in the movie "Shakespeare in Love?"

My wife seems to think it is, and while I'm inclined to believe her, I have a longstanding habit of being contrary just for the sake of being contrary. :thumbdown:

no, it's from one of the movements of new moon in the old moons arms. maybe it's similar but it's not the same thing :p

Not mad at you BigPapiBass5, its all the 'I know High School groups that are better than PRs guard' stuff.

The High School kids have all year to pratice - and they get their class grade for participation.

Hardly a reasonable comparison.

Drum Corps, up North at least, has a very limited season.

Last year it rained for what seemed like months.....something you never get over or caught up to the other corps.

I just had to make some POSITIVE comments after the bashers/haters rampaged through.

...again, excited about tonight's show and to see most of the top corps in Kalamazoo.

Safe travels!

did you already buy your tickets?

Hey all...

Can anyone confirm for me whether or not the opening bars of the Regiment's show this year is the music used in the movie "Shakespeare in Love?"

My wife seems to think it is, and while I'm inclined to believe her, I have a longstanding habit of being contrary just for the sake of being contrary. :thumbdown:

Definitely not from Shakespeare in Love.

Their opener is Michael Kamen all the way...the first few bars sound almost exactly like another piece of his...Band of Brothers!

I know it's Kamen, but it was reminiscent to me of the Debney stuff that Crown used to begin their 2007 show (assuming I'm thinking of the right show).

Phantom got 4th in guard last night in Pittsburgh - I hate to say it, but I think that their guard will be their achilles heel again this summer :smile:

Later,

Mike

Phantom got 4th in guard last night in Pittsburgh - I hate to say it, but I think that their guard will be their achilles heel again this summer :smile: Later, Mike
I'm a Regiment supporter, always have been and always will, but it's obvious that the guard is going to hold the corps back. They've not been at the level of the rest of the corps and markedly so. I hope things improve, but I'm not going to invest a lot in that happening.

Phantom has my favorite horn book of the year thus far (from FN only to date). Can't wait to see/hear them live in a few weeks. Great show - music, drill, playing - just hope the guard turns it up a couple of notches scoring-wise. Wonderful to have PR bounce back so tremendously from last year!

Saw that PR was playing Michael Kamen, not someone I'd expect them to play. Does this still feel like a traditional Phantom show?

I feel that there are "traditional" aspects of this show - with "traditional" meaning things from 2003 to the present. Then, there is also a "feeling" that needs to be properly ascribed to the show - possibly hope, or longing, or comfort, or fulfillment? No straight-out storyline like 2008, but rather a a show that moves emotionally from A to B to C to very satisfying conclusion. The drill may not feel traditional, though - but fits the show well, is rapid-paced and ever-evolving, and has much demand. A wonderful overall product for the 2010 Phantom Regiment. If the guard can score at a level similar to the rest of the corps, could 3rd place be realistic? If not, probably more like 6th.