How do you feel now about the G7 proposal.

Your take on the now released G7 proposal.  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the G7 proposal have be released, how do you feel about it.

• Was for it before, and still am.
    • Was for it before, but now am on the fence.
    • Was for it before, but now am against it.
    • Was on the fence, but now am for it.
    • Was on the fence, and still am.
    • Was on the fence, but now am against ir.
    • Was against it before, now am for it.
    • Was against it before, but now am on the fence.
    • Was against it before, and still am.

ALLOW THEM BACK IN??? "I'd just tell them, "Sorry. This is drum corps. No bandos allowed!!!" :tongue:

Honestly, I think the G7 got together because they knew that staying attached to DCI as is was going to kill them. Even though I don't think what they did was good for the rest of the corps, I think it was a survival tactic.

Honestly, I think the G7 got together because they knew that staying attached to DCI as is was going to kill them. Even though I don't think what they did was good for the rest of the corps, I think it was a survival tactic.

Yeah but -

how could they know that?

At best it was an "assertion".

I was on the fence and now BLOWN AWAY AND STRONGLY AGAINST!!! The elite take over and forget no one else--trying to get beyond the insulting side of this for every other corps and ask--how do we move forward after THAT and what do we do if they all leave? My favorite corps are in there too---but I guess I am starting to wonder why they are my favorite corps if the activity isnt what I thought it was all along...its the same feeling i get when cheated on...we may end up with two activities DCI and the G7...guess ill have to pick a side or go to both--but I am sad

Wrong about what ?

I also have a question for you ? How many shows do you go to a year ?

G

I think I replied to the wrong person. Sorry.

I'm in the military so I can only go to shows that are either close to where I'm stationed, or if I take leave. I'd probably say I go to about 5 shows a year (including finals).

Next time the "7" meet.....and discuss the angry back-lash, what do you bet they change at least some of the proposals with the excuse, "That's not what we really meant."

(Translation: "We'd better remove or craniums from our rectal cavities...QUICK!")

:tongue:

You must be a real visionary...or maybe you read Hopkins blog where he admitted there were issues that needed to be adressed and changed with the idea of G7! :thumbup:

I'm curious about the shift in opinion either pro or con. I can imagine it both ways that as more of the present and clarified proposal is understood, it could be interesting to see movement in opinion.

Would someone like to take it upon themselves to keep an updated total going of the following? (It would require adding together assorted captions to get the total where people are at now...not where they came from:

Pro

Undecided

Con

Edited by Michael Boo

Have you changed your mind?

More against it now that I've read the whole thing.