How do you feel now about the G7 proposal.

Your take on the now released G7 proposal.  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the G7 proposal have be released, how do you feel about it.

• Was for it before, and still am.
    • Was for it before, but now am on the fence.
    • Was for it before, but now am against it.
    • Was on the fence, but now am for it.
    • Was on the fence, and still am.
    • Was on the fence, but now am against ir.
    • Was against it before, now am for it.
    • Was against it before, but now am on the fence.
    • Was against it before, and still am.

I can't say I'm for or against the idea. I will say that I refuse to become as cynical as some on this site regarding the G-7 founders. I am glad there are folks out there that are at least trying to look at the issues affecting the well being of this activity that has been a huge part of my life. I just hope all fans that really care for this activity make wise choices this summer and act respectful. This is not a good time to turn our backs to any corps. I fear these are very vulnerable times for this activity. A season filled with booing, boycotting and dis-respectful behavour could be very damaging to the activity. Maybe some need to step away from this issue a bit. Read a book, get a hobby, go to a movie. Do a little research regarding what's going on in our federal government. Now there is something that we should all be concerned about and making it known, scary stuff! Rant over

I can't say I'm for or against the idea. I will say that I refuse to become as cynical as some on this site regarding the G-7 founders. I am glad there are folks out there that are at least trying to look at the issues affecting the well being of this activity that has been a huge part of my life. I just hope all fans that really care for this activity make wise choices this summer and act respectful. This is not a good time to turn our backs to any corps. I fear these are very vulnerable times for this activity. A season filled with booing, boycotting and dis-respectful behavour could be very damaging to the activity. Maybe some need to step away from this issue a bit. Read a book, get a hobby, go to a movie. Do a little research regarding what's going on in our federal government. Now there is something that we should all be concerned about and making it known, scary stuff! Rant over

How DARE you not be a cynic! :thumbup:

Honestly, I think the G7 got together because they knew that staying attached to DCI as is was going to kill them. Even though I don't think what they did was good for the rest of the corps, I think it was a survival tactic.

Lance, as you know and I dont have to tell you, they are DCI, they have the power WITH the rest of the corps to make sense of what they need and work it out together, if there is even a problem fiscally......the corps are each as important as the other, regardless of placement. Things change, placements change, simple as that.

They all need each other to survive and grow. 7 corps marching around the country presenting anything other than competiiton will not grow or last, 20+ corps working together to grow the activity and fanbase will.

Over and over , for the last 14+ years, we hvae one vocal man in the drivers seat of change, noe of which did a great deal to make the activity grow. Now this same man and his cohorts want to say "to heck with it" we cant fix it, we will kill it...or leave it.

Its a no-brainer, you dont take off, clean your mess, fix all the things you broke when you were "trying to fix what wasnt broke" ...end the division amongst each other, bury the egos, and let the corps enjoy the summer, with good shows that fans can enjoy.

G

Agreed with your post.

I'm still undecided, but leaning towards against based on what's been presented. There are some good ideas, but mostly bad.

I dunno. There's got to be more going on that we do not know about. :thumbup:

Lance, as you know and I dont have to tell you, they are DCI, they have the power WITH the rest of the corps to make sense of what they need and work it out together, if there is even a problem fiscally......the corps are each as important as the other, regardless of placement. Things change, placements change, simple as that.

They all need each other to survive and grow. 7 corps marching around the country presenting anything other than competiiton will not grow or last, 20+ corps working together to grow the activity and fanbase will.

Over and over , for the last 14+ years, we hvae one vocal man in the drivers seat of change, noe of which did a great deal to make the activity grow. Now this same man and his cohorts want to say "to heck with it" we cant fix it, we will kill it...or leave it.

Its a no-brainer, you dont take off, clean your mess, fix all the things you broke when you were "trying to fix what wasnt broke" ...end the division amongst each other, bury the egos, and let the corps enjoy the summer, with good shows that fans can enjoy.

G

G,

Come on man, they're fighting for their paychecks too! :thumbup:

It's all about "me". Screw the others! So much for fraternity, maternity, brotherhoods, and sister-ships.

I think I replied to the wrong person. Sorry.

I'm in the military so I can only go to shows that are either close to where I'm stationed, or if I take leave. I'd probably say I go to about 5 shows a year (including finals).

Yes I know you are in the military.......very admirable, thanks for your service !

I was asking trying to gauge what actual "stake" you have in all this, you seem to still be passionate about the activty.......

G

problem with government is you can vote new ones in and hope they dont become corrupt. with this, you cant vote them out

so far, we have 11 for it, 11 on the fence, and 46 agasinst it,...........like I said, pretty telling

now it's 23 for it, 24 on the fence, and 134 against it,...............telling indeed!

and by my math, a widening margin

Edited by Gary Matczak

now it's 23 for it, 24 on the fence, and 134 against it,...............telling indeed!

and by my math, a widening margin

LOL, I wonder how many posts are for it compared to against it? Should be rather telling to see who protects the emperor in his new clothes.

Yes I know you are in the military.......very admirable, thanks for your service !

I was asking trying to gauge what actual "stake" you have in all this, you seem to still be passionate about the activty.......

G

I have no personal stake in this except for the people I sponsor every year. Other than that, I just follow it as a fan like almost everyone else on this forum.