The G7 Video

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify, there are a lot of reasons that they did not make finals and the music book is included. They were 16th in Music GE. Their highest placement was percussion in 14th. Everything else was 15th-17th.

Yeah yeah yeah, the point I was trying to make is that I don't think this video is going to have any effect on their scores this season.

Besides, a lot of staffers design for multiple groups. Just look at Myron in 2005! He also wrote the drill for L.D. Bell High School, and that didn't really hurt SCV--

ah, ****.

I love the quotes where my stuff says "blah" and "waaa." That's actually really funny.... :thumbup::tongue: You guys are too much..

Way funnier than the video... :tongue:

Edited by trumpetcam

That was creative and even quite funny.

However, Is it sad that I wonder why that same sort of effort hasn't been put into the Crossmen shows in the past few years?

I mean, not be a killjoy, but couldn't their time be better served trying to improve their corps as opposed to using all their creative power to make videos spoofing others? When you are fighting to make finals, don't you really need to take that energy and give the kids a program that will put them into the top again? I thought the video had way more creativity than anything they have put on the field in several years. Not a slam on them, but reality. Why?

IMO, this is a perfect example of why the G7 wants to move forward, when they see other corps like this taking time to do this sort of thing and not trying to further the activity and improve their current brand. I am surprised an organization of this calibre would put their name on it and stoop to the same level of what they perceive as the problem of DCI and the arrogance of the G7. Doing this, while funny in a junior high sort of way, does nothing to help the cause of the "others" and only makes them look like the little annoying brother who won't grow up...

(I know most of you will dog me cause I'm raining on your G7 parade, but my opinion and thoughts are valid too!)

Come on Crossmen, let's see this thought in your show designs and please make finals again for goodness sakes!! :thumbup:

Debbie_Downer.jpg

Very cool!!!!

Fran

One of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

:thumbup: Brilliant!

that was really good

but why at the end did you do a roll call with corps outside the G7 included?

I figured the roll would just be the G7

Surprised no one answered this yet. After the corps from the G7 he says "Hey Siete" and after all the other corps he just says "Presente."