27th Lancers Reunion Corps

.....BUT To see 27th out there with the LARGEST DRUM CORPS TO EVER PERFORM....

I'm not sure we have all the facts to determine who is/was "the LARGEST DRUM CORPS TO EVER PERFORM"....

But, just to keep the record a little straight....

...according to the beanman site, 27th Alumni marched 286 dedicated people....

....Kingsmen Alumni marched.....wait for it.....286 dedicated people.....

Edited by GuyW

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure we have all the facts to determine who is/was "the LARGEST DRUM CORPS TO EVER PERFORM"....

What about the largest, loudest & cleanest alumni corp??? :thumbup:

I heard this beanman guy marched that show with a mouse in his pocket. Does that make it 287?

Why thank you.

My favorite has to be "The Project". I was totally blown away & still put on the DVD for friends that have never seen it & they are all speechless that they pulled that off; esp when I play the terrific documentary that was filmed detailing how the corps came into being.

I stand corrected......(at the time the Largest) LOL

I have appreciated all of the alumni corps shows heretofore, and despite being a partisan (Kingsmen), prefer to just enjoy everyone's efforts.

....now, if someone were to propose a judged alumni corps contest, that would be a slightly different matter....I wonder - what size crowd it would attract??

I think it would be bad for the activity. Every alumni corps is different, and many come from different generations, and it would be impossible to judge from other than an entertainment standpoint IMO. You can't judge a guard who does 60's and early 70's style work to another out there doing late 80's/mid 90's. You can compare it, you can state which you personally like better, but I don't think they can fairly be judged against each other.

I think it would be bad for the activity. Every alumni corps is different, and many come from different generations, and it would be impossible to judge from other than an entertainment standpoint IMO. You can't judge a guard who does 60's and early 70's style work to another out there doing late 80's/mid 90's. You can compare it, you can state which you personally like better, but I don't think they can fairly be judged against each other.

I think they would all take first and there would be standing O after standing O.

Get a copy of the PROJECT....MSARP....Madison Scouts Alumni Reunion Project. The Largest All Alumni Drum corps to ever perform.

Any drum corps person out there that has not seen the Madison Scounts Alumni Project are short changing themselves. I was there in Boston when 27th performed and I was thrilled beyond words to watch that corps on the field. I cried like a baby with countless others. I have also marched with the Bridgemen alumni corps and the Reilly Raiders alumni corps. I have witnessed many great drum corps moments in my lifetime, but nothing has thrilled me more than watching the PROJECT! I can honestly say that I have probably watched the video over 100 times and enjoy it more and more everytime I see it. I really do believe it is one of the those "moments" in time that can't be explained.

Bring on Star Alumni and any other alumni that desires to perform. Anything that keeps our beloved activity on the rise makes me happy! :tongue: