An Unexpectedly Enjoyable Memorial Day

• 2 weeks later...
Why don't you send us "I'm Telling You" from Dreamgirls and we'll rehearse it here. That was always one of my favs.

Is that different from "You're Gonna Love Me" or do I have the title wrong? Jennifer Hudson blew me away with that in the movie. That is one of my all time favorites from Sky.

Wanted to do that with the Thunderbirds. Great soprano duet. Would have been fun to tag team that with Jeff.

Is that different from "You're Gonna Love Me" or do I have the title wrong? Jennifer Hudson blew me away with that in the movie. That is one of my all time favorites from Sky.

Wanted to do that with the Thunderbirds. Great soprano duet. Would have been fun to tag team that with Jeff.

Oh yeah...same chart. Dreitzer's version was hot! I still get "Hy" on that one!

The actual name of the piece is "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going".

The actual name of the piece is "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going".

Thanks for the clarification!

1983 Skyliners version, with Sidemouth and ???? wailing on the duet is awesome! (Was the ???? the late Joe Girardi perhaps??)

One of my absolute all time favorites!

If you ever get a serious urge, we have a couple of guys that come from Pittsburgh. That's almost Ohio.

Pittsburgh WISHES it was almost Ohio. :tongue:

The duet was George 'Sidemouth' Richardson and John Girardi, not Joe. Tremendous hornplayers and great guys, both sadly missed.

Pittsburgh WISHES it was almost Ohio. :worthy:

Right on, Kevin!!!!! Most of the Pittsburghers (or is it Pittsburghonians) that I'm aware of can't even spell Ohio, or much of anything else either.

:tongue:

Right on, Kevin!!!!! Most of the Pittsburghers (or is it Pittsburghonians) that I'm aware of can't even spell Ohio, or much of anything else either.

:tongue:

Actually it's Picksburg. If yinz were from anywhere dan-air youse would know. Apparently yinzers are from mup-ear....n'at. (n'at.... is the proper and exceptable ending to any sentence by anyone from Picksburg....just sayin....n'at)

Edited by melligene