Corps Shows You'd Pay to See Again

If you could get in the "DCI Time Machine," and go to any show live, what would you choose? I'm going to list the corps that are out there right now and then my top 5 from corps that are no longer around.

Blue Devils- 1989- Would love to go back and see them during semi-finals to see what the infamous solo would sound like without the giant bucket o fail. Cool music....

Crown- 2007- Triple Crown- great show concept, best use of narration, amazing visual and music book!

Cadets- 1997- Never fully appreciated them that year as I was marching and saw them a bunch that year, now wish I could hear that opening crazy 16th note intro... wow

Phantom- 1991- On of my all-time favorite shows of all-time, Baccanale- still give me goose bumps.

Cavies- 1995- Planets, Planets, Planets! Loved the closing moments with the modulation from Jupiter back to Mars, last battery lick was Genius!!

SCV- 2000- Another show that as time goes by I wish I could hear again and again. At the time I kept hoping BK would catch up to them, but Adagio for Strings may be the best ballad of all time!!

Madison- 1988- Wow would I love to have been there for finals to see that show, maybe the best crowd reaction and loudest ovation in Finals history??

Bluecoats- 2007- Criminal show was a thematic work of art- the visuals and guard portrayals were amazing!!

Blue Stars- 2009- Enjoyed the WWII era show, wished the closer could've been a little more exciting, but would still see it again!

Boston- 2000- Though it passed up BK at the end, this was a fantastic continuation of their latin flare from the year before, great corps.

BK- 1991- Would've love to see them make finals for the first time. knowing that the corps song "I Go On," came from the 1990 show where BK narrowly missed finals. I'm sure it made for a very emotional moment as they broke through!

Colts- 1999- Loved the dark flare, this is still one of my favorite musical books of any group, just a great show.

Troopers- 2009- What a great story and deserving corps, I bet the ovation for them was phenominal.

Glassmen- 1998- Another corps that I didn't appreciate as much as I do now because I saw them so much while toring with them that summer--- AMAZING CORPS!

Crossmen- 2002- Loved the musical book, thought they'd place higher that summer, but very beefy hornline!!

Spirit- 198anytime- Great corps in the 80's and I would've paid to watch any of them.

Academy- 2006?? I believe was their Div II championship year, never got to see them live that year, but the sound from that hornline on recording was WOW. would love to see them live.

Corps from the PAST-

Star 1991- opening statement sounds like mellos playing not sopranos- dark sounds, man what a hornline!

Star- 1993- Would pay whatever it'd take to see them live, I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Suncoast Sound- 1986- Amazing, just amazing

Velvet Knights- Any year during the 80's lots of entertaining shows.

Magic of Orlando- 1995- Great corps, maybe their best of all time?

Anyway what shows would you go back in time to see again?

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison 1995-1997. Best lead lines of all time. As far as best finals ovation, listen to Madison 1995 at Buffalo.

Being at Arrowhead Stadium in 1988 watching Finals..... MADISON put on one he11 of a show...! They truely earned that title that

year, and If Steve R didnt coin the phrase "THIS PLACE IS ELECTRIC" at that show... then I dont know where he did...

I, and 98.5% of the fans watching, were BLOWN AWAY with their performance, and they really turned it on that night !!!!! Great Show !

Edited by Briggs1

2010 Bluecoats :tongue: :tongue:

That would be an interesting forward looking time machine. ( haha).

I'd choose 2050 Cavaliers " The Planets ". Who knows, they might be playing their Jupitors on planet Neptune, by then.

1993 Cadets of Bergen County and 1995 Madison Scouts. Everyone seems to always want to 1993 Star again, while I do really enjoy that show, with it's avant-gardeness, I trully enjoyed 1993 Cadets and would tremendously, overjoyously like to see it again LIVE!!

2010 Bluecoats :tongue: :tongue:

This reminds me. There has been ZERO hype on these boards about Bluecoats this year. Did you hear them recently? Their FB group shows some pics, as well as some hype about the number of drill sets learned (over 140).

So far, we've had amazing hype about BS, BAC, Glassmen, Cadets, Phantom, Crown and Madison, mini-hype about Cavies, SCV, BD, Blue Knights and Troop.

But NOTHING about Bluecoats, until this, lol, which isn't a thread where such hype would normally be! I love it...

89 SCV and 91 Star without a doubt.

I completely agree with you.

By the way..I'd pay to see 01 Cavies:p

Edited by HighBrass09