Please limit the number in the Pit

my opinion is they filled the Proposal with all kinds of hot air, and never delivered ( like most recent proposals)

and if it were just the pit being amped...with no vocals, synths etc, I'd be ok with it, all balance issues not being addressed aside

What is wrong with vocals and synths? They can add a lot to a show. Vocals have many times already since 2004. Synths only have a year, but there have been great uses there too...Spirit being the main one.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening the some corps from 1979. Besides some good music I wasn't foced to listen to a continual ting ting ting of the amplified pit. The horn line actually carried the melody. It was a beautiful thing to listen too.

At least lower the volume for a better blending please....

No.

What is wrong with vocals and synths? They can add a lot to a show. Vocals have many times already since 2004. Synths only have a year, but there have been great uses there too...Spirit being the main one.

actually vocals haven't yet, and synths if anything, created a huge low end over balance issue

Grumpy Guy (Cavie74) you wrote a great post from the heart - and you made me smile as you expressed so many of MY frustrations with modern drum corps (and 70s 'plink-a-plink' bell/xylo omnipresence...)...and I believe in the need and opportunities of the pit!

Thanks

so you're pro strings/woodwinds and anti large pits. good to know.

I'm anti big pits and pro big cymbal lines. I'm also pro big strings and woodwinds because they make a bigger fire! :satisfied:

Edit: I just realized that marimba and zylophones have wooden keys! I may rethink the size of the pit!

Signed Milton Waddams (google that name!)

Edited by Cavie74

I'm anti big pits and pro big cymbal lines. I'm also pro big strings and woodwinds because they make a bigger fire! :blink:

Edit: I just realized that marimba and xylophones have wooden keys! I may rethink the size of the pit!

FIXED! :satisfied:

LOL, I should not have had to..... :satisfied:

Did you ever get that stapler back???....

I'm anti big pits and pro big cymbal lines.

Why? You can barely hear cymbal lines from the front, whereas the cymbals in the pit add MUCH more impact and color.

Why? You can barely hear cymbal lines from the front, whereas the cymbals in the pit add MUCH more impact and color.

depends on how you score it.

I wonder if the pit can high mark-time?

Someone caught the CAC's pit doing just that at a rehearsal during Battle Hymn.