New Unis

I like the Blue Stars' new uniforms. It took the Becker sketch to really convince me because you can't get much detail from the initial pictures. These will probably look good at night under the lights as opposed to in the evening with the sun beaming off of the white upper portions.

i like the sketches much more than i like the actual uniforms. the star shape is lost in the photos - hopefully better at night. just looks sloppy gray with some white dribbles. the blue stripe doesn't show, either. too bad, i really like the sketches.

I haven't seen the new Stars uniform in person, but the sketches look pretty slick. I can dig it.

i like the sketches much more than i like the actual uniforms. the star shape is lost in the photos - hopefully better at night. just looks sloppy gray with some white dribbles. the blue stripe doesn't show, either. too bad, i really like the sketches.

agreed. I was shocked to see the sketch and how much I liked it, after having seen that photo and really really not liking it at ALL.

ADD BLUE STARS ( GREY STARS ) to the mix of Bad new uniforms.

and troopers.

what :sad::tongue::sad::doh: is going on here. these are ALL bad.......

Disagee 100%.

During the debut last night in Onalaska Frank Sullivan described part of the reasoning behind the new uniforms being that with so many corps with Blue in their identity they wanted to create a uniform for the Blue Stars that respected their tradition but that also set them clearly apart from other corps inundated with blue. Blue is represented in the uniform, as is the star in three places, the front of the jacket, the back (most visible when the hornline has their horns up, and the shako. Opinions vary, of course, and while my first impression was that the jacket looked cluttered up close with the light grey stripe, from the stands they look very good.

Edited by BozzlyB

My scorecard so far -

Crown - ditch the vest and I'm fine with them.

Cavaliers - I like - they're not significantly different.

Bluecoats - the black accents do make a difference - very nice!

Blue Stars - love the sketches - I think they'll look sharp in action under the lights.

Phantom - haven't seen live yet, but doesn't look like a huge difference.

Troopers - trying to talk myself into them, but it's not working for me yet.

Madison - very nice - they look really sharp from a distance.

Spirit - they're growing on me quickly. Like a fungus. A funky, cool fungus.

Pioneer - still haven't seen them. Argh.

Mike

I agree with Boz. The uniforms are great in person, especially with horns up, as they are most of the time. The white on the sleeves looks really great with the percussion sticking as well. With very clean lines, the Blue Stars' new uniform is modern, well thought out and well designed, with all aspects of position and movement taken into account. The Blue Stars are moving forward, with respectful nods to their past. I think you will like it in person and on the field.

---tom

During the debut last night in Onalaska Frank Sullivan described part of the reasoning behind the new uniforms being that with so many corps with Blue in their identity they wanted to create a uniform for the Blue Stars that respected their tradition but that also set them clearly apart from other corps inundated with blue. Blue is represented in the uniform, as is the star in three places, the front of the jacket, the back (most visible when the hornline has their horns up, and the shako. Opinions vary, of course, and while my first impression was that the jacket looked cluttered up close with the light grey stripe, from the stands they look very good.
Edited by TomVV

RE uniforms only!

:tongue: to Scouts and Spirit.

:sad:

Troopers (I just don't get it--I dig Brett's designs a million times better)

Blue Stars (bring back the white pants)

Crown (I don't even know how to phrase it)

It is clear that everyone is just going for cleanliness by turning everyone on the field into an indiscernable stick man. I really hate this trend.

Give us something distinctive designers!

Edited by Wadep66

Whats clear is opinions on uniforms vary about as much as the weather. I think Scouts need to find the nearest dumpster and march in their underwear for the rest of the season, to huge improvement. LOL (just cracked myself up a little there).

I honestly don't like any of them. And I usually dig at least a few when corps make changes like this. I don't even like what Cavaliers did with minor alterations. I guess the only one I don't really have any strong feelings about either way is Bluecoats. Very minor, hardly noticeable. But Crown, Madison, Blue Stars, Spirit, Troopers....my goodness, just awful, the lot of them. Most disappointed in the Troopers. Like the Cadets, the Troopers are one corps I expect to see wearing authentic (as authentic as drum corps practicality will allow) military style UNIFORMS. That's the whole point to the Troopers look, historically speaking. What they're wearing now is a costume. Playing dress up like Halloween in something that's trying to look like that classic Troopers uniform, but failing miserably IMO. Very much like the gauntleted Cadets look from a few years back. Fortunately, the Cadets were smart enough to go back. I hope one day the Troopers will do the same. Don't over-think a classic. No need to re-invent the wheel. It's the Troopers.