New Unis

I'm just not a fan of the gray. I like the rest of the uniform a lot, and I think with lights actually pointing at the stars they'll shine really nicely. If the gray was a dark blue I'd be sold.

Good luck this season Gray Stars!

The uniform is nice.....Blue or Grey.

I remember Blue Stars from the 70's and I am thankful that you are back in the thick of things.

I honestly don't like any of them. And I usually dig at least a few when corps make changes like this. I don't even like what Cavaliers did with minor alterations. I guess the only one I don't really have any strong feelings about either way is Bluecoats. Very minor, hardly noticeable. But Crown, Madison, Blue Stars, Spirit, Troopers....my goodness, just awful, the lot of them. Most disappointed in the Troopers. Like the Cadets, the Troopers are one corps I expect to see wearing authentic (as authentic as drum corps practicality will allow) military style UNIFORMS. That's the whole point to the Troopers look, historically speaking. What they're wearing now is a costume. Playing dress up like Halloween in something that's trying to look like that classic Troopers uniform, but failing miserably IMO. Very much like the gauntleted Cadets look from a few years back. Fortunately, the Cadets were smart enough to go back. I hope one day the Troopers will do the same. Don't over-think a classic. No need to re-invent the wheel. It's the Troopers.

They were already doing that. Their current uniforms are no more or less authentic than their previous ones. And the Cadets uniforms, though modeled from actual cadet uniforms worn at senior military colleges, are also just costumes. No drum corps is wearing anything even remotely close to a true military "uniform." Hate to break it to you.

They were already doing that. Their current uniforms are no more or less authentic than their previous ones. And the Cadets uniforms, though modeled from actual cadet uniforms worn at senior military colleges, are also just costumes. No drum corps is wearing anything even remotely close to a true military "uniform." Hate to break it to you.

You ain't breaking nothin to me. I know they're basically representations of those military looks and not actual uniforms in the military sense. I even acknowledged that. I just think that the current Cadets look and some of the previous Troopers looks (not last year's, to be clear) are more authentic *looking*, and therefore more in keeping with what I expect and like seeing from those two corps more than any other. The Cadets went back to that authentic look and I like it. The Troopers did not, and I think it's wretched.

Didn't get any pictures myself but I did run across this on facebook. Picture of the full uniform being worn tonight by the 3rd field conductor.

29876_705038036327_36613929_39451266_7922637_n.jpg

Also, the uniforms being worn by the two drum majors are similar. The only differences I could see were that the sleeves are the same cream color as the pants and the flap appeared to have sequins or some other shiny material on it.

Someone tell this young man to stand up straight, please. If it looks bad at least "work" it.

another look at the uni at night..

36034_440389613593_542283593_5737326_2153854_n.jpg

if i didnt see the sketch i would never know that the star was on there.

So, I will officially put this gag to rest. So long, You were fun...

33206.jpg

id rather have this atleast its blue.

I think the uniform/costume distinction is silly. The whole point of a uniform military or not is to make everyone look "uniform". Costumes is what the guard wear, corps proper still wear uniforms any way you look at it.

I think his point was, in the case of the Troopers, I always pictured them as looking like the U.S. Calvary from the 1800s with the dark blue/black and the hats. It was a semi-authentic look that worked because of their history and their corps name and identity. They kind of lose that when their corps proper doesn't play the part, too.

If I see 1 more picture of Madison with a diiffernt color sash I am going to puke.

:tongue::rock::thumbup::worthy: :worthy:

FON, just don't read any more about the Scouts and you'll be fine! :thumbup:

Edited by SFZFAN