Wildwood

And boy is Mickelson P*****!!!!

It's amazing how we went from Wildwood to Phil Mickelson being P*ssed!!! :sad:

Back on topic please!!!!!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might Fusion Core compete in open class at DCA this year?!!

Nope, we're not big enough. Our stated goal this season is to win the Class A title.

What Frank said.

Bucs had a one-point penalty that night that cost them the win, but Sky lit the place up at that show (I saw their performance that night... something about the Meadowlands, they seemed to own that place) and certainly deserved to at least be in a position to take that show that night. Just my opinion.

We (Sun), Skyliners, Hurricanes and Caballeros all had good corps that summer.... and all of us were basically in the same pack chasing the Bucs all season, with the Westshoremen just off the pace.

Hurcs beat us at least a couple of times that summer, and we topped them a few times..... so as far as them beating us at DCAs, I'm not sure they "came out of nowhere." I can't speak for other corps. :sad:

Fran,

I remember hearing stories from guys who marched that year that Sun beat Hurcs by 6 points a week before Finals. That makes it seem like it came from left field. A friend of mine marched Hurcs that year and he said they were shocked that they had won and also said he didn't think that they deserved to win.

Fran,

I remember hearing stories from guys who marched that year that Sun beat Hurcs by 6 points a week before Finals. That makes it seem like it came from left field. A friend of mine marched Hurcs that year and he said they were shocked that they had won and also said he didn't think that they deserved to win.

yeah...6 points would make it seem like out of left field, but the FACT is Sun beat the Hurcs by .85 the previous week. it's your second statement that seems out of left field!

yeah...6 points would make it seem like out of left field, but the FACT is Sun beat the Hurcs by .85 the previous week. it's your second statement that seems out of left field!

As taken from dcacorps.org, historical scores...(THIS is where they come in handy!!)

Aug 29, 1981

Bridgeport, CT

1. Buccaneers 87.950

2. Sunrisers 86.600

3. Hurricanes 85.750

4. Caballeros 83.700

5. Matadors 76.300

6. Crusaders 70.850

Ok so that ain't 6 points and coming out of nowhere to me....but hey I wasn't around then. As a former Hurricane who cherishes the legacy of it, I can say I honestly get very angry when I read that their win is being referred to as a "travesty". I think any member would feel that is a poor choice of words used.

Fran,

i think your friend was placating you. i was in the stands that night and i found it hard to tell who was the best out of the top 3. could it possibly be that the hurcs did thier show way over their heads? maybe they didn't win a show that year but maybe they put on the show of shows that night...............could that be possible?

i think your friend was placating you. i was in the stands that night and i found it hard to tell who was the best out of the top 3. could it possibly be that the hurcs did thier show way over their heads? maybe they didn't win a show that year but maybe they put on the show of shows that night...............could that be possible?

Almost sounds to me that the Hurricanes did to the rest of DCA what the Bushwackers did to the rest of the competition in 1986...just 5 years later!!! :sad:

Tip of the hat to both the Hurricanes in 1981 and Bushwackers in 1986!!!

And boy is Mickelson P*****!!!!
should be. even my mini golf game sucks