Long Distance Travel to Shows

I'm thinking about taking a trip down to San Antonio for both days of the competition, but I'm still on the fence about whether $750 (about how much it would cost for air/hotel/tickets) for one person is worth it.

Anybody else in a similar dilemma?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, road trip. It's a lot cheaper, and there's something about the open road that still reminds me about drum corps. I drove from Las Vegas to Indy last year and it was epic, and I'm planning on doing it again!

I love to drive but when the venue turns out to be a s### hole it kind of turns sour i.e. Iowa to Jackson and Dallas. However, I love corps and don't really regret any trip. If you want to pick a show this year IMHO it has to be Minneapolis - DCI before DCI and in the open air.

I wish i could do a lot of travel to shows this year. Last year i was on vacation in California and my last day out there coincided with the stanford show. A couple weeks later, i had business in texas the first half of the week, so i just stayed down there and saw the houston shows and San Antonio.

Think its just gonna be Des Moines, possibly minneapolis, and finals for me.

I love to drive but when the venue turns out to be a s### hole it kind of turns sour i.e. Iowa to Jackson and Dallas. However, I love corps and don't really regret any trip. If you want to pick a show this year IMHO it has to be Minneapolis - DCI before DCI and in the open air.

hmmmm....it would cost me about the same for that one. thanks for the info.

Train, bus?

I can afford a trip no matter what. Time is a consideration for me, too. I'm flying or nothing.

It just so happens that where I live here in the middle of WA, flights to the midwest are about the same as to the southwest.