REMATCH

Plenty of room in there for another eastern corps, plus another non G7 corps from the upper midwest...............

this could get, veddy,... veddy,... interesting in the not too distant future.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point in the season, the scores are reflecting who is best at getting out of the gate in the best shape. CROWN is performing at a much higher

level than CADETS or CAVIES. Does anyone really think in the next 3 weeks as these two other corps improve their performance levels, these spreads will

remain? CADETS are notorious for being very sluggish in the early part of the season. Im a bit more concerned about CAVIES who are usually strong coming out.

Well, going by the last couple of years, Crown has had just as large, if not a larger scoring growth throughout the season as Cadets (or anyone else). I'm not saying that will happen this year, but I think there is just as much of a chance of Crown holding or increasing that spread as Cadets and Cavies have to close it.

At this point in the season, the scores are reflecting who is best at getting out of the gate in the best shape. CROWN is performing at a much higher

level than CADETS or CAVIES. Does anyone really think in the next 3 weeks as these two other corps improve their performance levels, these spreads will

remain? CADETS are notorious for being very sluggish in the early part of the season. Im abit more concerned about CAVIES who are usually strong coming out.

Yeah, anything can happen. As i posted from last night, would anyone have predicted the final outcome with scores like this the first week?

http://corpsreps.com/scores.cfm?view=corps...mp;yearqry=2009

Normal IL DCI Central Illinois STADIUM: ISU Hancock Stadium, Illinois State University DCI

Position Corps Score

World Class

1 Carolina Crown 77.500

2 The Cavaliers 77.100

3 Phantom Regiment 76.300

4 Blue Stars 70.400

5 Boston Crusaders 70.100

6 Glassmen 67.500

7 Colts 65.600

8 Spirit 64.500

this could get, veddy,... veddy,... interesting in the not too distant future.

That it most certainly could

Hey I hope you do march in an all-age corps someday. And I'm sure you savor every second your son marches DCI....

And a big thanks to parents like you for allowing your child to do this rare opportunity. :devil:

thanks! :devil:

Congrats to Crown for hitting the ground running, they are clearly coming in at another level this year. Just for perspective, during week #2 last year (2009) CC and Cadets were polar opposites from tonight.

Madison June 28, 2009

1 The Cavaliers 79.500

2 The Cadets 77.200

3 Bluecoats 75.000

4 Carolina Crown 74.600

My guess this will be another dog fight like last year. This is going to be epic! :devil:

Now it's time for a volley from the left coast!

First show of the season will stack/slot on the year prior.. So the 2009 spread was based on the 2008..

I believe no matter how well these three corps did.. They would still be in the same order as 2009's finals.

Blue Stars are gonna be great to add into the mix.. (BS Guard top three, educated guess)

Edited by Cop

i guess if resting one armed on the ground and playing incredibly exposed music one handed is a rest, then everyone would do it.

Three Letters.... B O A.

Jonathan

It's definitely apparent that Crown seems to be on a mission this year. Congrats to them on a decided win tonight.

BTW, I'm new at this, hi everyone! I was at the Allentown show last night and thought CROWN should have won by tonight's margin also. Watching all the shows

twice, I really think CADETS have a very strong show under all that clutter right now and think towards the end of the season, will be trading wins with CROWN. I do

have some concerns about CAVIES though. There are more design issues going on vs. CADETS which are just sloppy. CAVIES need to pull me more into their show and bring me on that dark journey they are creating. They just lack depth of programming at this point. But they can rewrite and clean as well as anyone so time will tell. CADETS just need to clean and clean. CROWN does need to start layering their show. They are certainly performing well but that will only keep them winning early until others start to clean and catch up. All in all, these three corps are out and competing while the rest of the bunch are still a week away so thanks to these 3 for turning it up a notch and coming out early even though the CADETS staff are probably screaming at Hopkins, WE CAN'T BE READY ON THE 18TH! ARE YOU NUTS!?!

you know what annoys me about early season? cadets and cavies are marching some serious drill while trying to play some pretty challenging music while crown sounds absolutely amazing but they dont move hardly. I was at the show tonight and frankly crowns drill is easy and clean because of it. So, crown gets big credit for what they are doing and cadets and cavies get shafted for trying to put on a real show. I really hope mid season gets interesting and crowns lack of difficulty catches up with them. I know cadets and cavies are always at the top and everyone wants a new guy on the block but there is a reason they are the big boys, crown decided to play it safe this year and i think their second chance will be gone soon enough.

Edited by Greenteaisgood