6. Cadets

7. Bluecoats

8. Cavaliers

9. Phantom

10. Madison

11. Troopers

12. Blue Knights

remember this post...

Hey that would be cool, I'd like to see more corps break into the G7 area, I'd take it that Boston has a good start going on right now. With that being said I think the Blue Stars may well break into the top 5 but not sure both they and BAC or other non "G7" group will but who knows u could be right. I know BK has maybe their strongest corps in a long time/maybe ever, Troopers are saying the same, BStars, Madison, BAC all seem to have great corps going into the season. Gonna be fun to see how it all goes. I'll say you might actually see the placements from 5-11 or so flip and flop. Wouldn't be surprised to see a corps start in 9th and end up challenging for top 5 or 6, just think it's gonna be that close this summer!!

Wes P

BK '97 '98

i dont get why people are doubting phantom so much and putting them in the bottom 6. they WILL be in the top 6. thats a given. just a matter of where. the show is really good. and has the potential to be a top 4 show, depending on how well they execute myron rosander's drill. musically, its gonna be there. everyone knows that.

i guess im just really optimistic....

i dont get why people are doubting phantom so much and putting them in the bottom 6. they WILL be in the top 6. thats a given. just a matter of where. the show is really good. and has the potential to be a top 4 show, depending on how well they execute myron rosander's drill. musically, its gonna be there. everyone knows that.

I agree with you and to add to that I do not understand why people keep putting cavies in 8th-6th... Personally I think they are going to be in the top 5 again this season... but where I have no clue...

A given ?? The only 100% given for top six is Blue Devils, in my opinion, I then give a 99% chance to Crown and Cadets, 90% to Cavaliers, and a 50% chance to SCV, Blue Stars, Phantom, Bluecoats, 40% Boston Crusaders...and 20% Blue Knights, Glassmen, Scouts.

My observation anyway.

G

I was marching the last time they dropped out of the top 6 and it took 3 years before they jumped back up. Doesn't mean they won't, but while Myron's drill writing is legendary it did not work out for Madison when they had him writing, just saying.... I hope Phantom does jump back up, but in this day and age a drop like that can really make it hard to get yourself up off the mat!

Wes P

1. Carolina Crown

2. Cadets

3. Blue Devils

4. Blue Stars

5. Cavaliers

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Madison Scouts

9. Blue Coats

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Troopers

12. Glassmen

It's amazing to me that some folks see a Cavies or Phantom lower placement prediction as putting those corps down, disrespecting them, etc. At some point, we should realize that corps like BAC and Blue Stars for example are not stagnant entities...they can move up or down, just like Phantom did in 08 and 09. We talk about "competitive inertia" among the judges (like PR beating BS and BAC last year by 6 points during the first week. That's a functon of judges scoring based on their own expectations. As fans, sometimes we are no better.

There is no reason why Blue Stars can't beat the Cavies, or Boston beat the Cadets.......will they? I don't know, of course. But if you had had these two teams over Phantom last year at this time, THAT certainly wouldn't have been thinkable either.

Entirely too early to be predicting finals after 3 corps have performed!

True, but it's never stopped us before when we havn't seen Corps at all. So we predict anyway, months in advance. It's all for fun anyway. So with that in mind, let me predict Finals Placements in Indy for 2011:

1) Cavaliers

2) Boston Crusaders

3) Madison Scouts

4) Blue Stars

5) Phantom Regiment

6) Bluecoats

7) Blue Knights

8 ) Troopers

9) Glassmen

10) Crossmen

11) Spirit

12) Teal Sound