16-PC

17-Spirit

18-Colts

19-Madarins

20-Pioneer

21-Teal

22-Surf

23-Cascades

This is just for FUN. I realize we haven't seen all of the corps yet, but even without that, I'd be willing to bet a lot of lists people come up with now will be about as accurate as any that are put up 2 weeks from now.

Again, just for fun here. We'll have more later to see just how wrong we were.

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. Blue Devils

4. Cavaliers

Nothing to make me change my mind for my top 4 yet. Yes, I know it's still early.

I've never been a cheerleader for Madison, but I love everything about the music that I've heard so far. It reminds me of the way I felt about that fantastic Santa Clara Appalachia Spring show from last year.

Great corps play great music.

Move the Scouts to the top 12, and maybe the top 10 this year.

1: BD, because betting against them has been a terrible idea recently...unless it was finals night '08, then you'd be set

2: Crown, because they seem driven for the win and seem to be doing all the right things

3: SCV, if they are able to build on last year and the judges buy the show

4: Cadets, another rebuilding year unfortunately (why do they have to rebuild every other year?), but the intentional decrease in show difficulty will keep them out of 5th

5: Cavaliers, going to take them a few years to devise a new formula

6: Bluecoats, because this is where they go

7: Blue Stars: Momentum and, like Crown, doing the right things. Also like Crown, will their individual marching improve enough for the corps to rise?

8: Phantom Regiment: Much better than last year, but poor show design and members not used to challenging Myron Rosander drill

9: Boston Crusaders

10: Blue Knights

11: Glassmen

12: Troopers

13: Spirit

14: Madison, fails to live up to huge expectations, and new uniforms with spats prove a detriment

15: Academy

16: Colts

17: Crossmen

18: Jersey Surf

19: Pac Crest

20: Mandarins

21: Cascades

22: Pioneer

23: Teal Sound

Wow, I love it...the majority of the post seem to put Glassmen back in 11th place. You just have to love it when you have a placement all ready for you when you show up for Finals. Of course there's a few corps that would LOVE that have that spot every year just so they get in the top 12 (or back in sometimes). But I'll play too:

1. Crown (been workin on it for awhile now)

2. SCV (last year served notice that THEY are still championship material.

3. BD

4. Cavies (will be clean and machine by finals)

5. Garfield

6. Bluecoats

7. Phantom (need to show last year was a fluke)

8. Glassmen (don't say I didn't tell you later) but need to start beating a couple of top 8 corps once in a while during the summer to show it.

9. Blue Stars

10. Boston

11. Troopers (you know they STARTED in 11th at Nationals right?)

12. Madison (only if hitting on all cylinders)

As the Human Torch would say "Flame ON"

OK, I will play...

1.BD- I know... But even though they win most of the season, they still know how to finish with that staff and kids better than the rest.

2.Cadets- Don't know why I'm thinking this, but something says this feel right.

3.Crown- On fire all season, takes BD once or twice, but falls short at the end. I could flip them and Cadets

4.SCV- Man, I am feeling them as well and I think they could be anywhere from 1st to 4th. They are the biggest wildcard, IMO.

5.Bluecoats- I think they finally break back into the pack with an improved show design and a great guard and hornline!

6.Cavies - Cool show, but some growing pains with new staff and design concepts.

7.Phantom- I really think we will have a G7 year for some reason. Back to tradition I guess and Phantom shows some signs of shaking off 09.

8.Blue Stars - They are rolling and ever so close to breaking up into the upper echelon. Great show design and another solid year to build upon!

9.Madison - this is my surprise guess, but with DVD and Prime, I can't doubt their ability to do this! Lots of talent from last year and great system now in place

10.BAC - Solid show, just falls back abit with so many elite level corps. Hey, someone has to be 10th this year! :-)

11.Colts- Sneak back into the mix with an improved staff, better show design, and hard working Midwest kids!

12.Glassmen - Holding off a strong challenge from BK to get back in!

13.Blue Knights- A bit of a down year, a total guess on my part, probably will be dead wrong!

14.Spirit- Makes a move back up with Waymire and Co. in year 2. They have potential.

15.Troopers- Still solid, lots of love for them, but I tight, tight race for top 12 again this year. Something has to give

16.Academy - Solid show and better design, they fall into the "Dogfight Division" as well.

17. Crossmen - tight race, all semis corps within 3 points.. No disrespect, just a guess.

I have virtually no knowledge of the following shows this year, so I will put them in an anticipated and totally guessed order:

18.Jersey Surf- Hey, who knows and if they can build upon last year and become that "Bridgemen" type corps, they may pull up this season.

19.Pacific Crest

20.Teal Sound

21.Mandarins

22.Pioneer

23.Cascades

Edited by trumpetcam

I'll play top 17...

1) Crown - it's time...from what I've read, they've got sound, speed, skill, and soul

2) SCV - I WISH they'd be one place higher, but Crown seems unstoppable

3) Bluecoats - yep...it's time for them, too.

4) BD - Hard to keep a great corps down- and BD will come out smokin' hot...then watch the top 3 (see above) creep out in front of them on GE.

5) Blue Stars - The Star team reaches elite status once again...

6) Cavies - worst placement for Green for many years - but the fans will still love them

7) Cadets - young corps, hard show, right spot

8) Madison - the Star team reaches elite status once again

9) Phantom - into the light of 9th place

10) Blue Knights - hummable classics combined with their usual strong fundamentals

11) Boston - strong corps that just finds themselves in this fine, but for them disappointing, position in the end

12) Academy - These folks know how to play horn - last year's line was a fine example of that, scoring notwithstanding (that's a WHOLE other story...), visual, guard, and percussion contribute to their first Saturday night show

13) Spirit - I look forward to seeing/hearing Spirit - I'm eager to hear what they've done with their fine selection of music

14) Colts - Always strong...but not strong enough

15) Glassmen - disappointing season for Toledo

16) Troop - disappointing season for Troop

17) Crossmen - disappointing season for Texas' finest corps

As some sports geeks are wont to say: predictions sure to be wrong...but it will be interesting to see who's closest to right in mid-August - 3-5 corps will be disappointed with their final placements - perhaps as many as 8 corps (if you go all the way to 23...) - curiously, these are often fine shows with only 1 or 2 glaring weaknesses - aspects easily ignored if my recent experience with late season 23-13 corps is any example. I'm not the judge...I just want to enjoy them all.